The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Para Ordnance Pistol-RX 1445S, caliber .45, capacity 14, 5" barrel, stainless Nite Tac. I understand that this model had problems jamming with manufactures ammunition. I reload my own with a little less OAL and that has worked for me. I just wonder if there is a modification to correct the loading of manufactures ammo.
I also wanted to pay respects to the gentlemen that taught me about guns and reloading passed away today, 6-2-2013. Jack Ford forgot more about guns and reloading than I will ever know, He had two four hour films one of his handgun and the other of his rifles. This guy, my father in law, could even tell you where the steel of a certain gun was forged. We will miss you Jack!
Regards,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. I have cured most all feeding problems with 1911s by doing 2 things. First thing, I toss the factory magazine and I buy a Wilson Combat magazine or Metalform or a comparable magazine, but I am not sure of the availability for a high capacity 1911. Then, I polish the feed ramp until it shines like glass. These two steps normally will cure 90% of any feed issues...

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
All I did was polish the feed ramp in my Citadel well. Feeds everything from the factory mags fine now and even from my WWII surplus mags.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
beveling the extractor and properly tensioning it will help too.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Ive had to cut the feed ramp a little deeper on some of the less spendy 1911s. Bout a 20 minute job and then a good glass like polish.

As Dan said tho. 90% of a modern 1911s feeding issues are the magazine. Note that I said modern.. That's because WW2 era and prior the 1911 was only designed to feed ball ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts