The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any info on a Para Ordnance frame with a colt slide? I have a chance to get one & I'd like a bit of input. Asking $400. Worth it or just trouble?

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Well its a frankinstein gun so input may be sketchy. What kind of internals? Colt barrel? para's receiver parts? In the long run I'm looking at trouble. Para Ordinance does not always run there 1911's true to spec so simple things like replacement grips, grip safeties and other upgrades will be harder to do. Also Para's have been junk in the past. They used to be really good but depending on age, your looking for trouble. For that kind of money you could get a GI spec rock island knowing you can upgrade parts with no real trouble.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hard to say without more info but if it works its worth $400-
I built one with a Para frame & Caspian slide- Colt frame & Essex slide & several others with the " frankinstein" effect--- HOW its built is more important at this point IMO.

·
Premium Member
12,996 Posts
Honestly, I am with Helix on this one, you can get a new rock island for around 400....

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
When Para Ordnance first came on the scene they only built and sold their large capacity frame, you were required to acquire your own slide and go from there. The configuration of Para frame and whatever slide is not unusual, but I would make sure it ran properly before I invested any funds in it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I checked it out again and the slide hung up just by me working it. I think I'll pass. Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.