The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. my boss want me to dig up info on a SXS that his wife has... Its a Parker Bros 12 Ga.. with pat dates of Mar 26 1878 on the fore grip and Pat dates of Jan 18/ Aug 18 1887 and May 7/ Oct 8 1889. on the receiver.. Barrel has J6/73 on it? along with the made in USA Parker Bros, .. blah blah blah...
Im trying to get the boss to send me some pics so I can post em...
Where can I get info for the boss? other than here?
Thanks for the help.
Shawn

· Registered
98 Posts
Looks like a GH grade ("H" denotes a hammerless gun and "G" denotes grade of gun). Hammmerless Parker grades were as follows beginning with the llowest: Trogen, V, P, G, D, C, B, A, AA, A-1 Special, and Invincible. The G grade was the highest of the lower grade Parker guns and G's are not rare (28K or so made), D and C grade guns were the middle grade offerings; and B grades and higher were considered top of the line. Those grades were the most expensive and are the most rare. Values of Parker guns depends on so many factors (gauge, barrel type, options, percent of original remaining finishes, production period, after-market modifications, etc., ect., etc; so the best advice anyone can give your boss is to have the gun appraised by an appraiser very knowledgeable in vintage double guns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.