The Firearms Forum banner

Parts breakage-03A3 Remington

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  armedandsafe 
#1 ·
What would your "repair" kit consist of in the way of parts and their quanties? I'd like to get some ideas from the more experienced members.

This will be my first 03A3 and I'd like to have on hand the stuff that's prone to breakage .

G
#2 ·
I've been shooting 03A3s since the mid 40's, and have yet to break anything. I would think you might want a firing pin/striker and a trigger group (if not replaced by commercial.) I don't think there is much else to go wrong with them. My 03A3s have been Rock Island, so can't say much about the Remingtons. I wouldn't think they are any more prone to break down than any of the others.

Talking to guys who used them in the Pacific, I never heard of breakage, except the guy who mentioned a break in the wrist of the stock when run over by a tank. He was PO'd because the tank ran over both him and the rifle. The rifle broke and he didn't (soft beach sand.) :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.