The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come with a request: I have two Mossbergs I (finally) inherited from my father (no, not the request). The peep site (No 3) for the .22 needs a couple of parts. Have most of the site, but, not the adjustable part. The following are a couple of pictures of my "babies", the top is of both of them - a 1950 12 gauge, given to dad in 1951 (and never been shot) and a model 44 from 1936. The bottom is one of the peep site. As you can see, I do have MOST of it, but am missing a couple of pieces. Havalina parts has been mentioned before (when I did a search before joining), but, they do not have a No. 3 site. :(

Can anyone point me in the right direction to acquire these parts?? Thanks in advance!! :bow: :bow:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Parts for a No 3 sight are about as plentiful as hens teeth... I would keep an eye out on Ebay and ** ****** dot com... Just get ready to wait.... Something will come along, but may take a while... and $$$

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
My experience w/replacing peep sight parts is that it is generally about as cheap to find a complete replacement than to acquire parts. Altho I don't currently have the names/contact info. I have in the past fairly easily found online several vendors who specialize in older peep sights and parts thereof. And uniformly found their prices to be ASTRONOMICAL. In every instance, I watched and eventually acquired a complete replacement on Ebay at a much better cost.

G

·
The site I listed above Havlins sales has a replacement sight that fits with NO modifications what so ever is $65 and is an outstanding sight

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The site I listed above Havlins sales has a replacement sight that fits with NO modifications what so ever is $65 and is an outstanding sight
If you're talking about the OM22 sight, it looks like drilling is required because of the two screws in the side. Am I tracking right, or seeing/not seeing what I need to.....:confused: :rolleyes:

My thought is that, if I'm going to modify the barrel (which I'd rather not), I'd rather drill it for a scope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts