Patriot Act II-Total Police State Takeover

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/11/03 2:59:26 am)
    Reply Patriot Act II-Total Police State Takeover
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Patriot Act II Analysis, read it at :
    www.infowars.com/print_patriotact2_analysis.htm
    Circulate this News Alert.

PERCEPTION IS REALITY !

www.gcnlive.com
    www.prisonplanet.com

Shizamus VT.

Edited by: Shizamus at: 2/18/03 1:00:37 pm

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/11/03 7:00:15 am)
    Re: Patriot Act II-Total Police State Takeover
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    yeah buddy, if anyone thought the Patriot Act was scarey...
    wait till you see part 2.

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

[email protected]

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/11/03 8:57:06 am)
    Reply | Edit Re: Patriot Act II-Total Police State Takeover
    I briefly read through that page. It is frightening indeed, if it's true.

One thing I saw mentioned on there surprised me. Is it really true that Congress was not allowed to read the first Patriot Act before passing it? That just doesn't sound right. I find it VERY hard to believe that Congress passed a bill with no debate and without even knowing what it was about.

I would like to see this information come from a source other than Alex Jones.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/11/03 9:15:05 am)
    Re: Patriot Act II-Total Police State Takeover
    1952Sniper, would you believe Rush Limbaugh?

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

[email protected]

1952Sniper
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/11/03 9:18:44 am)
    Reply | Edit Re: Patriot Act II-Total Police State Takeover
    I do place credibility on what Rush says. Did he mention this too?

I'm not saying any of it isn't true. I'd just like to see it from another credible source. I've gotten worked up over other subjects before, only to find out that my information came from an unreliable source.

If this turns out to be correct, then I'll be screaming as loud as I can to everyone I know about it.
    Macht kaputt, was euch kaputt macht!

Shizamus
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/11/03 11:21:22 am)
    Reply Re: Patriot Act II-Total Police State Takeover
    1952Sniper, another credible source right
    from the mouth of Rep.Ron Paul of Texas :
    www.thelibertycommittee.org/update11.12.01.htm
    www.insightmag.com/main.cfm?include=detail&storyid=143236

PERCEPTION IS REALITY

Listen to real talk radio at www.gcnlive.com

www.prisonplanet.com

V.I.P. Member
    (2/11/03 9:48:47 pm)
    Reply Did Congress actually read the Patriot (retch) Act? HAH!
    Sniper:

The document making the rounds is genuine. The DOJ statement was that it had not been submitted to Congress, NOT that it had not been written by DOJ. There is a BIG difference.

As for not reading the Patriot [retch] Act, it was not that the Congresscritters were prohibited from reading the
    Quote:
    Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001

(the actual name of the USA Patriot Act (act 1), and I for one like the longer name becuase I have this reflexive puking thing that happens whenever I use the short title), its was the fact that this was a 132 page piece of sh*t (strike the lastword) legislation and they were given about 1 day to read it and digest it. And it was not just one Act. The list of legislation that was enacted in the aftermath of September 11, 2001 is available at thomas.loc.gov/home/terrorleg.htm. It is a long list. Click on the Patriot Act and see for yourself what they were given to read. Not one person that voted for this law actually read and understood the full impact of every word in it. That is a FACT. Instead, they acted in
    Quote:
    the best interests of all real Americans

Their failure to read the bills they vote on is a direct consequence of the system by which those bills are written and acted on. I live and work in the DC area and have had the opportunity to witness the legislative process first hand (as in directly engaged in the process). Most of legislation is the worst written, most difficult to comprehend crap ever written (e.g., in paragraph 3, subparagraph 37, subsection ii, strike the word BULLSHIT and insert the words DOMESTIC ORGANICALY-BASED RUMINANT-PRODUCED ODIFOROUS FERTLIZER OF VEGETABLE ORIGIN).

Go look at the Omnibus Appropriation Bill being considered. It?s a couple of THOUSAND pages. No Congresscritter is going to take the time to read it. Go read and Appropriations Bill for one of the big Departments (like Defense). Appropriations Bills are the legislation that spends OUR TAX DOLLARS. Its impossible to believe that every member of Congress actually reads every one of these bills. They are just to long and complex. Besides, the Congresscritters are too busy meeting with lobbyists to get their bribe (strike the last word) campaign contribution or bending over the Congressional pages (anyone get this inside the Beltway joke?). They just assume that there is not anything that is too bad.

It is a TRAVESTY to call this representation. It is a delusion to believe that YOUR representatives and President really read and understand the bills they vote on. And the worst part? You know who could change this system and fails to do so? The very same elected representatives.

I tell you this, should I ever become President (and let us all thank God that is a VERY remote possibility) and I was delivered the kind of bills routinely signed into law, EVERY ONE WOULD BE VETOED. Of course, Congress would just override the veto.

Okay, diatribe for the day ends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.