The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per your request - pictures recovered from a damaged lap top placed in storage: subject japanese mil spec martial firearm curated archival data file

Fire sprinkler damaged vintage laptop - disassembled and stored in sealed plastic bags with silica gel and dried rice and kitty litter and shop sweep oil absorb compound...

Parts from two vintage laptops and one ancient upgraded conglomeration of desktop pc towers and drives combined into one plug and play steam punk working computer that still had functional floppy disk and computer cassette input ports / hardware items connected...

Placed in storage about 12 years ago after advice from computer tech nerd and electronics wizards with the hope of a future recovery or reintegration...

I just received approx 1400 pics and about 100 firearm data spec record files along with a functioning version of the second gen edition original PC dungeons and dragons game "rouge" (for those who might be old enough to remember the circa 1978-1983 computer game)

I also now have a black box device that connects to a PC or laptop and allows me to plug in and play / support / operate cartridges from the original Atari game console and the 400/800 series of computers along with coleco vision games and some commodore 64 cassettes and cartridges...

Thought I would post up some random Japanese military martial MIL spec arms pics to see if you have any interest in the content / pictorial aspects of the data files...

Most of (90%+) the data is permanently lost but some of the saved snapshots are interesting IMHO.

Please let me know what you think and own and recognize and like or hate...

I have not collated it or sorted it or reviewed much of the content yet so please excuse the random nature...

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Above is 1-10
Here is 11-20

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20-30 in the series placed here

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
30-40 in the sequence - from the recovered data that may become a decent pictorial essay once sorted and identified

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Round out to 50 pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thank you. Very nice images.
A few more scraped together that might prove interesting...

Ten more additional representative photographically based examples of Japanese imperial military infantry weaponry and accessories - so far mostly individual man portable single issue to&e items...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,515 Posts
Wow. Just wow. Thank you. I don’t know where to start.

I’ve owned an Arisaka and researched many for others.

But I feel like such a piker after seeing your pictures.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some additional items - including the only set of bring back paperwork I have ever seen in person - which was the main reason I bought the sword - the sword probably is not worth much but the accompanying bring back ephemera most certainly is (I think)...

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some examples of customized and sporterized arisaka rifles...

Some classic features and good use of nice glass - good adaptation of superior wood - nice utilization of aftermarket peep sights and sculpted turned down bolt handles or mannlicher profile furniture with narrowed Schnabel forends...

Once the bane of the existence of the custom gun world - often gathering dust and neglected forgotten and forlorn - there was a period were such guns could be picked up in the $75.00 - $195.00 price range far less then the cost of the scope or peep sight or custom stock or sometimes decent efforts of skilled gunsmiths...

Yes I own a pile of these reimagined rifles - they frequently passed through the gunship over the tenure of 20 years some true dogs that should be recycled or scrapped and some true gems like the Paul jager custom wildcat mannlicher carbine...

I bought them cheap or traded for them for what amounted to pennies on the dollar - a shot them and still care for them even the ones that are just average looking well balanced amateurish efforts.

So sue me or hate on me.

Two godsons and three nieces have received arisaka custom sporters as gifts - all of which have taken deer...

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Two godsons and three nieces have received arisaka custom sporters as gifts - all of which have taken deer...

Mike
Hi Dad! :D:p
Great pics ... loved the sabor letter!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts