Permit to access aborigional lands

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swanshot, Apr 12, 2009.

1. swanshot

swanshot Active Member

Ken (mate a mine) and i are heading out into the desert next week. I'm talking the real outback here. we need a permit to pass through the aborigional reserves.
    Just thought you guys might like to see what one looks like. no, it was not easy to get.

In pursuance of the provisions of section 31 of the Aboriginal Affairs Planning Authority Act, 1972, and the
    regulations made under that Act, I hereby grant permission to enter and remain on Aboriginal Reserve No(s) 17614,
    20396, 21471, 22032, 25050, 25051 in the State of Western Australia, subject to the conditions that the person(s)
    named herein shall at all times -
    Conditions
    1) Enter and remain on the reserve for the purposes of "Recreation" only. The permit is only valid for the persons,
    purpose and dates specified herein.
    10) Refrain from traveling on the abandoned section of the Gunbarrel Highway unless prior specific approvals have
    been obtained. CONTACT THE NGAANYATJARRA LAND COUNCIL (ALICE SPRINGS) - PH: (08) 89501 711 IF
    YOU WISH TO TRAVEL THIS ROAD.
    This Permit is valid from the 25th of April, 2009 and expires on the 5th of May, 2009 unless sooner revoked by the
    Minister
    Permits Officer, pursuant to delegations under the Aboriginal Affairs Planning Authority Act 1972 dated 7 December
    2004 (Section 9) and 30 November 2004 (Section 21A)
    Permit Details
    Permit Number - 33385
    Permit Holder - Robert Crouchley, kenneth Pratley
    Vehicle Make, Model and Registration - White Toyota Land Crusier, 1BXJ285
    Please Note
    1) The issue of a permit does not imply that the Traditional Owners or Community members have been advised of
    your intended visit. If you are visiting Aboriginal communities, please inform the community office of your arrival.
    2) Please refrain from taking photographs/video of community areas and residents within reserve lands unless you
    have obtained specific approval from the community.
    4) PLEASE REPORT TO WILUNA/YULARA POLICE STATION TO COMPLETE A "TOURIST REPORT", BEFORE
    AND AFTER TRAVELLING THE GUNBARREL HIGHWAY, GARY HIGHWAY OR GARY JUNCTION ROAD.
    Please be aware that to travel through to the Northern Territory you may require additional permits form the Central
    Land Council. The Central Land Council can be contacted via:
    - their website at http://www.clc.org.au/permits/
    - phone on (08) 8951 6211
    - facsimile on (08) 8953 4345
    - email on Permits@clc.org.au
    5) Please be aware that to travel through to the Northern Territory you may require additional permits form the
    Central Land Council. The Central Land Council can be contacted via:
    - their website at http://www.clc.org.au/permits/
    - phone on (08) 8951 6211
    - facsimile on (08) 8953 4345
    - email on Permits@clc.org.au
    2) Carry the permit in the vehicle specified herein while on reserve land.
    3) Observe all laws having application in Western Australia including Aboriginal Community by-laws.
    4) Refrain from consuming alcohol within reserve lands unless the appropriate approvals have been obtained.
    5) Refrain from hunting or fishing within reserve lands unless prior approvals have been obtained.
    6) Refrain from littering within reserve lands and observe fire restrictions and regulations.
    7) Refrain from mining and/or prospecting (including fossicking) activity within reserve lands. A specific permit is
    required for this purpose.
    8) Refrain from using firearms within reserve lands.
    9) Remain on established roads and use approved camping areas/accommodation unless specific permission to do
    otherwise has been obtained.
    Route Details: GOLDFIELDS - Gunbarrel Highway/Great Central Road via Wiluna
    GOLDFIELDS - Great Central Rd, Laverton to Uluru (allow 3 days for Aboriginal Land access)
    3) If your travel plans have changed significantly, your travel permit dates may be adjusted by contacting the
    Permits Officer on 9235 8000
    Aboriginal Affairs Planning Authority Act, 1972
    (Section 31)
    PERMIT TO ENTER A RESERVE
    Aboriginal Affairs Planning Authority Act, 1972
    (Section 31)
    PERMIT TO ENTER A RESERVE

2. olmossbak

olmossbak New Member

It figures. On my only trip to your fair land, some years ago, I had to get a visa. You guys know how to keep the riff-raff out.:)

3. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

WOW! thats a detailed permit, how much did it cost to obtain ? and whats your purpose for going to the desert.... work, vacation, shooting maybe, :eek: , Sounds like a great time, have fun , let us know about your trip.

4. swanshot

swanshot Active Member

Didn't cost me anything but time. BUT, it was nessarry to convince the issuer that we were genuine about respecting the reserves and occupants.
    Like some of the American tribes The aborigional people of Australia have very strong ties to the land, and a myriad of traditions surrounding it. They see what the white man too often does to the land as an incomprehensible violation.
    Now that those Aborigonals that want to be, are finally established on involate reservations they are makin damn sure that we toe their line while we on their place.
    If I offend I WILL be thrown out and told not to come back.
    We are not actually staying on the reservations, it is just that we have to traverse them to get where we want to go. and that is Off one of the truley remote tracks in Australia, called The Canning Stock Route. Do a search, there's plenty of stuff around about it.
    Actually where we are heading is off the stock route. now how bloody silly is that? We are going OFF one of the most remote dirt tracks in the world.
    You do not do this without a satellite phone and a very good 4x4 vehical, and lots of water. Every year people die out here because they just didn't understand what the word remote meant.
    Wer'e doin it because we want to, and we can. I'll shoot for the camp. Goats, camels (yes that's right ferral camels) Roos and ferral donkeys, and maybe a dingo or two.
    Yep, I'll post the pic's when i get back.
    And if you're real nice mabe a diary. I intend to keep one.:):):)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Safe travels, Swanshot.

6. swanshot

swanshot Active Member

Thanks PineCone.:):) I will be very carefull.

7. Try not to get zapped by some mean old Brown Snake or Taipan, Swanie! ;)

8. swanshot

swanshot Active Member

I wear leather chaps in this type of country, because you're right, there are heaps of em around.
    The thing I'm really worried about is running out of beer.:D:D

9. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Sounds like an awsome adventure. Good luck on your travels and stay safe.

10. catfish83861

catfish83861 Active Member

Hey Swanie,Do you really think you can haul enough Beer? Take care and have a great time. Oh yea I hope you trip on a five pound gold nugget and have to bring it back with you.;) catfish

11. Running out of beer would be almost as bad as running out of tea or tucker, Swanie! :eek::D Better throw in a few extra cases of Swan or Emu, maybe a case or two of Coopers, just to be safe. ;)

12. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

Pff permit, I just go to my Uncles farm in Mexico. He has alotta land out there.

13. 358 winchester

358 winchester New Member

Gee I wish I was going with you, if I was that far away from home I could drink beer too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. swanshot

swanshot Active Member

Emu Bitter mate, Emu bitter.

15. swanshot

swanshot Active Member

You rip the top off a beer an she'll be there. Anywhere, any time, she'll be there. :eek::eek::eek:;)