Phoenix .25

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/8/02 10:05:09 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Phoenix .25
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK, it's research time. My Phoenix .25 arrived, and I'm pleased to say that it's in at least the condition claimed. Now the trick is to find out something about the gun. I have yet to find any references to it, except the cryptic one in the 22th Ed of the Blue Book.

PHOENIX ARMS CO.
    Previous importer located in Lowell, MA.
    PHOENIX - .25ACP cal., Belgian semi-auto previously manufactured by Rober et DeKerkhove located in Liege, Belgium. This trademark is rarely encountered - values would start at $350 and go up according to original condition.

I'm looking for suggestions as to where to find out additional info on the gun, anybody want to venture a guess?

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (2/8/02 12:27:53 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Phoenix .25
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I found two additional sources for your pistol.

1.The Firearms Price Guide copyright 1980

Phoenix Arms Co.
    Lowell, Mass. Lowell Arms Co. C. 1920
    Handgun, Semi-Automatic
    Vest Pocket, 25 ACP, Clip Fed, Curio
    $250 $375

2.Flaydermans Guide to Antique American Firearms 7th Edition 1998

Phoenix Pocket Automatic
    Phoenix, Lowell, Mass. Pocket Automatic. Made c. 1920.
    Quantity Unknown. Very limited.
    Caliber 25. 2 1/4" barrel. Six-shot magazine. Blue finish.
    Checkered hard rubber grips.
    A small Pistol about the same size as a Colt 25 auto. Blow back type action with retractor spring on top of barrel as with European pistols of the era, of which it is a direct copy. Company name and address on left side of slide. Reported in 32 caliber, but specimens not Verified.
    Valies --- Very good $150 Exc $325

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/9/02 12:33:04 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Phoenix .25
    My suggestion is to look in Funk and Wagnalls....

...under UGLY!

Looks like a stunted Frommer Stop.
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Edited by: polishshooter at: 2/9/02 12:34:13 am

gun runner john
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/10/02 2:03:02 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Phoenix .25
    Don't be running down my new gun! Actually, it appears to be an exact copy of the Melior 6.35 pistol. I've discovered that it was actually made in Lowell MASS, although only a few were ever produced.