The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just browsing some used books and they had a couple of photo journals on Vietnam. I usually pass these by but just out of morbid curiosity I started thumbing thru the pages. One picture jumped out at me of a bunch of Montengards that were issued what looked like some very fine 03's and 03/A3's. My first thought was why didn't we support them better. My second thought was that we had to relocate some of their villages in the A-Shaw and disarm them before we could move them. I was wondering where did those beautiful rifles end up? We also gave the worthless ARV-N's some nice M-i carbines. Did anyone get home with any of those as trophies?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
26,322 Posts
Greetings RedHand...I thought about your questions and the types of weapons you'd referred to....lots of those type things brought into S-2 in 1968 by the road working crews awaiting for requests to be approved of for war trophies...Can you show some pictures of the ones you referred to...? Remember the story I told you about that killer, STICKER. There was that 'Monty' bow and arrows in there amongst the junk in my office that Old Sticker almost had an orgasm when I told he he could have them...Red, what service were you? Thanks for that time you spent in service of our country. Chief

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rooter, I didn't aquire the book but having owned a number of 03's and o3/A3 and 03/A4's I immediately recognized those rifles. I was with B 1/3. Thanks for your service right back at ya.:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.