The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up today, I just thought it was a neat old rifle. Thought some guys might want to see it as a reference. It is my understanding they upgraded these to a box magazine and to handle regular 8mm mauser ammo. I loaded and cycled 5 rounds through without firing and the action is like butter. amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Thank you for posting the pictures. I'm jealous. It looks great!!! Does it have any regimental markings?? They are usually found on the barrel band or the butt plate. If there are any marks there, let me know what they are and I might be able to decipher the regiment for you. Thanks again for posting.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
12.R.7.200. is on the barrel band. and a crown over a W is on the butt plate. I just like the old pieces of military history.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is a neat piece of imperial german history you got there. I have an 88 in its original configuration made by steyr but there are no regimental markings on it anywhere (sad I know) and some parts had been replaced in the distant past (not a recent repair job since all of those parts have the same kind of wear on them). I had heard of these being put together from arsenal parts bins before selling them out of surplus but I`m not sure if mine could be one of those since all but the bolt and two screws match.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts