Picked up a Radom today too!

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

ThePitbullofLove
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/2/03 11:22:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Picked up a Radom today too!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    While perusing the wares at the Greensboro, NC gun show today I picked up my first Radom.

I don't know much about these, other than after firing one of Francis' Radoms, I wanted one. (As a side note, with the purchase this week of an M1 carbine, Swede M96, and a Radom, I'm left with just a Luger and a Danish Garand on my top 10 wish list for the new year that I posted in the "wish list" thread in December...man, that list went fast!)

I believe it's a 2nd variation. It's a three lever, about 90-95% blue all matching, brown grips.
    SN is M667X
    Any idea what DOM is?
    Where can I find extra mags and a holster (repros are acceptable)
    Okay now the eye candy

Here's a link to some more pix-

Pit's Radom

Any information is welcome!

life is the crummiest book I ever read,
    there isn't a hook, just a lot of cheap shots,
    pictures to shock and characters an amateur would never dream up-Guerwitz-1994

Go Get Beer
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/3/03 5:54:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Picked up a Radom today too!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is the second version (after the Polish original, produced up to '39 and first German version, produced form leftover parts up to '41), confirmed by the M in its serial number, which was produced by Germans from '41 to '43.

I don't know if they are still in business, but you may try R.H.L. MAGAZINES, P.O.Box 650323; Miami FL 33165

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/3/03 9:03:05 am)
    Congrats on a neat lookin' pistol.

You can get magazines here: www.sarcoinc.com/mags.html #RM-296, $22 ea.

As for a holster, your VIS (Radom) will fit in any holster made for an M1911. I don't know of anybody that makes a reproduction of an original for your pistol, and the "real" one's I've seen for sale on the net are BIG buck$.

If you want the real thing, you might check eBay every once in a while.

WOW! Hit paydirt. Check these out:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...gory=13980

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tegory=585

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...tegory=583

.....or you can buy it here: www.pineridge7.com/subweb3/04514.htm

Good Luck!

Edited by: Xracer at: 2/3/03 9:38:13 am

Go Get Beer
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/4/03 8:35:25 am)
    I still don't know what DOM is. Where on the pistol is it? I can't see it in the pictures.
    Are you sure it's DOM?
    DON could stand for 'Departament Obrony Narodowej' (Polish for 'Department of National Defense'), but I don't know how that would be possible. Maybe it was captured with some unfortunate German and used later as an officer's sidearm (we are sentimental like that and a guy who had a VIS in September 1939 could want to have one when he marched on to Berlin). I even don't know if it was possible of whether the pistol would be marked in any way, let alone what those marks would be. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about these matters could tell how much I'm talking out of my ass.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/4/03 8:53:00 am)
    well speak you toothless wonder

DOM = Date of Manufacturing... maybe?

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/4/03 8:54:56 am)
    nice piece Pitbull...

I checked out the links to the holsters, and got so excieted I durn near put a bid in for you!

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

Go Get Beer
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/4/03 9:06:45 am)

So I'm a moron
    I'll go hide in the deep woods now if you don't mind.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/4/03 9:47:50 am)
    don't give it a second thought Go Get Beer, we're all here to learn and have fun.