The Firearms Forum banner

Picked up a Taurus revolver yesterday...

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Mr_Shamrock 
#1 ·
at a local gun show. I was very surprised at how quiet it is with some Colibri's in it. My P22 is still pretty loud with them. Even with the Super Colibri's it is neighbor friendly. The only issue is since I don't have to worry about cycling like with my semi auto's and with the Taurus having a 9 round capacity I can see burning through A LOT of ammo!!!!

#7 ·
Pics!

my P22 is loud as crap also, even with SS ammo, wanting to pick up another .22 revolver myself. Got a very old S&W but like the looks of the Taurus also (and the price).

I've heard some mixed reviews on it though, curious to hear how it shoots accuracy wise for you.

Don't forget to get some speedstrips for it, you can get cheap ones in 2-packs from Midway and other places, the .22 10rd strips would be perfect for that gun. I use mine for my NAA .22mag and even with longer shells, they work very very well, rounds never fall out or get off kilter.

#8 ·
I had a good blued Taurus 9 shot .22 with a 4" plain barrel (no underlug) adjustable sights but stupidly sold it. I finally replaced it with a newer 4", but it has the heavier barrel which you don't really need for a .22.

I am so glad I finally got another one as they are such nice revolvers. Thanks for the info on quickstrips and the colibri ammo

Good info to have. :D

#10 · (Edited)
Just remembered I was supposed to post pics here. Well, I couldn't get dad to give up the one we bought at the show so he had me go buy another one. So I ended up with a brand new one. I guess that answers whether I like it or not. The hammer is real stiff - stiffer than any revolver I have ever had in my hand so keep that in mind for younger/weaker shooters. I am sure it will loosen up a little, but double action is a little difficult to shoot well. It serves my purpose though - I can shoot lower power/quieter rounds, not have to worry about cycling a semi-auto, all the spent casing are easily dumped in a container (less mess), and I can shoot real decent groups in single action. For under $400 (new) I say it is worth the money. My local dealer has them for $360 plus tax.

Here it is with a few .22 friends...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.