The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up the M&P 9 that my wife has been wanting for the last few months. I have been telling her they are not available, and finally when i was planning on going to my local shop to put a deposit on one, she went along. When I got there, we both walked in, and she asked him about it. He told her they are on backorder due to the election panic buying until at least April. He took my $100 deposit to put me on "the wait list". It was in his shop 2 days later. Picking it up tomorrow.

Now for my question. Would it be a wise decision to Frog Lube it when I get it home, or wait and shoot it a bit first? I have been using the stuff for a little bit now, and love it. It tunrned my wifes Jennings 25 from a POS paperweight, into a reliable little pocket pistol. It also worked wonders on my 22 auto's.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know chances of that POS working good where higher than hitting the powerball, but we got 3 boxes through it without any issues since the frog lube. Before froglube, 3 or 4 shots was like hitting the lottery.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
i 'hand fitted' one for a friend using a file .. almost looked like mill/casting? marks were not complentely cleaned out after manufacturer.

I remade grips for him.. hand carved.. repalced springs and a fireing pin. and hand fit it.. and it at least cycles and fires correctly.. it's just a darn inacurate lil snot though... kinda like a raven. but slightly different.. maybee.. :)

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
First off, I checked all of my suppliers and none of them have had a shortage on the m&p 9mm at all. They are plentiful and have been for quite some time. As for your question, I always disassemble and clean and lube every new gun prior to shooting it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not saying it was an actuall shortage, just that I had intended on getting it for my wife from the moment she said she wanted it. I had only told her it wasn't available so she wouldn't buy it right away.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
I agree with Dan...ALWAYS clean and lube a new gun before shooting. You may be thinking that unlubed, the piece may "wear in", when all that might do is speed up unwanted wear. Just lube it and shoot the snot out of it. Enjoy your M&P, they are great handguns in my opinion.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The last new gun I bought had so much lube on it that it was dripping. I do go over every gun I buy, new or used, just wasn't sure if I wanted to use the froglube or not. I got the thing home, and did a quick field strip only to find hardly any lube at all on the slide or the rails. No big deal, less for me to clean off to frog lube it. While I was at the shop and in considering how the guys where talking in there about todays events in CT, I bought enough 9mm rounds to last a good long while.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
i bought an sks once that had a slug of cosmo in the bbl near the entire length.. shooting it would have been a disaster!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts