PICKLED JALAPENO PEPPERS

Discussion in 'Ruffit's Domestic & Wild Game Cooking/ Recipe Foru' started by gwpercle, Feb 11, 2018 at 6:28 PM.

1. gwpercle

gwpercle Member

Plant a few bushes , harvest and pickle for use throughout the year. Peppers are very easy to grow and easy to pickle. The recipe is shown for 1 - 16 oz. jar, just double or triple the amounts for additional jars .

1.) Into 1- 16 oz. canning jar ( wash and rinse jar and lid in hot water) stuff all the sliced Jalapeno peppers that will go into it. Press them down snugly.
    2.) add 2 cloves of peeled whole fresh garlic
    3.) In a small sauce pan bring to a rolling boil: 1 cup water, 1 cup vinegar, 1 Tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon salt
    4.) Fill the jar to the top with boiling liquid, get out any trapped air, quickly apply lid and band . Tighten band and invert jar, let cool and store in refg.

If you wish to process jar(s) so they can be stored on the shelf, leave 1/2 inch headspace and process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes, remove , cool and store w/0 refg.
    I prefer refrigerator method because they don't get as soft as the processed ones.

Any pepper will work , I usually do Jalapeno and Gypsy Peppers .
    As a bonus the pickled garlic is good too....you can add more cloves!
    Gary

2. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

You can't add to many garlic cloves IMO.

gwpercle, pullerguy and chuckusaret like this.

3. Clipper

Clipper Well-Known Member

The wimps have taken over the propagation of jalapeños. Now they are wimp peppers, no capcacin, no heat...I have to plant Habeneros for spicy peppers.

gwpercle, ms6852 and pullerguy like this.
  4. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

A few bushes :eek:. I plant two and end up with more than we could ever pickle or use.

gwpercle likes this.
  5. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You forgot to pickle the carrots and onions with the peppers.

jedwil and gwpercle like this.
  6. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have never suffered from hemorrhoids , this pepper seems to cauterize them.

Clipper likes this.
  7. gwpercle

gwpercle Member

You can pickle any pepper , if the bushes get too productive, slice and freeze peppers for use in cooking
    or for making hot pepper jelly....at Christmas I have to make this for gifts....people actually ask to receive some.
    If anyone wants the recipe I'll post it....it's on the box of Sure-Jell...no secrete recipe.
    Gary

Clipper likes this.