1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1132.jpeg
East part of Zion N. P.

1134.jpeg
This guy was just standing there waiting to get his picture taken.
1136.jpeg
West side of Zion after the long skinny dark tunnel my wife didn't like very much.
1138.jpeg
Cedar Breaks N. M.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'll do my update here. Landed in Arco Idaho following some real estate listings. Hooked up with a Realtor, renovator who showed us a place and after about 2.5 weeks got us into it. IMG_20200923_185354.jpg IMG_20200923_185328.jpg
4bd, 3 ba. Large garage/shop out back.

And the lady in the kitchen won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Over the last week, we finally decided to pay what U-haul is asking now for truck rentals. Arranged for one from Page AZ where our stuff was stored up here to Arco ID. I have an old friend in Reno, agreed to meet with us and go to Page and help load(awesome). Day before U-haul gave me an o by the way call that the 26' truck was no longer available, so we would have to settle for a 20' truck. Had to leave a couple items behind. As we were getting close to home, daughter in law called to say she, our son & granddaughter would come to help unload. Got the heavy stuff off with their help, wrapped up the next day, Have a good start on unpacking now.

·
Premium Member
17,197 Posts
Great looking place. So not Payson Az, Idaho you are going to move to? Whoops i guess you were typing post 4 while i typed mine.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great looking place. So not Payson Az, Idaho you are going to move to?
No, could't work a deal in AZ or so. Utah. Skipped over the populated part of Utah and landed here.

Reactions: joe45c

·
Registered
752 Posts
.......... Day before U-haul gave me an o by the way call that the 26' truck was no longer available, so we would have to settle for a 20' truck.........
Must have been not available just there. There were a lot of the 26s at the Pine Bluff Uhaul depot yesterday. I'd have made them find one within driving distance. They rented out the one you had reserved

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
Well congrats, you should love living in ID.
The Snake river is only 1 hr. from Arco, if you jump on a innertube
and start floating I'll pick ya up in Lewiston in a few days & we will have lunch.
:cheers:
Sounds like a plan.

Or I could go an hour north, jump in the Salmon and be there even quicker. ;)

Must have been not available just there. There were a lot of the 26s at the Pine Bluff Uhaul depot yesterday. I'd have made them find one within driving distance. They rented out the one you had reserved
Closest 26'er was in Phoenix.

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
Good for you jb. I believe you'll love it as well. There isn't a day goes by I don't miss living in Wyoming.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good for you jb. I believe you'll love it as well. There isn't a day goes by I don't miss living in Wyoming.
Ahh, we're neighbors.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IMG_20200907_112203.jpg IMG_20200907_110657.jpg
HaHa Be carful around Wild Sheep Rapids in Hells Canyon, been known to swallow rafts and spit them out down stream.

I've always wanted to visit Craters of the Moon NP, I'm sure we'll see pics once you get settled in. :thumbsup:
IMG_20200907_123121.jpg
Been there once already, took a few.

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
We would have been neighbors. Family obligations brought us back to Missouri 17 years ago. My goodness...has it been that long already?

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IMG_20201009_132753.jpg
Idaho carrot & some other goodies from the community garden.

·
Super Moderator
38,520 Posts
Now I have heard of Idaho potatoes but never Idaho carrots. Love some fresh pulled carrots!!

Reactions: howlnmad
1 - 16 of 16 Posts