Beautiful Grips....Nice choice...

Pity the poor 1911 fanatic,
He cannot believe there's a new automatic,
A pistol that works with exceptional ease,
No whistles and bells that are sure to displease,
A frame that is made of a rustless material,
Ergonomics so perfect they're nearly ethereal,
Old shooters wake up, though it must be a shock,
The world has moved on, it's time for a GLOCK!

:D :D :D :p :p :p :D :D :D
Nah, I know there's a new automatic, just like there is a new PLASTIC :eek: and aluminium :eek: pick-up and car, and I prefer the old heavy metal. If it tells you anything, I drive a '72 F-100, my first truck was a '76 Powerwagon, and other faves besides the classic i drive now were my '77 Scotsdale and '78 F-150. I've driven the newer stuff and it just breaks. There is a reason that cars, trucks, guns, silverware, radios, knives, swords, shovels, etc. were made of good ol' METAL, cause the plastic crapola breaks. I'm just not a fan of it, you can have your 4 cyl., I'll keep runnin' my beast :cool:. LOL!! All joking aside, I like :D how they were put together.

Wow, those both look barely used.

Double D, I am careful with them but if you look closely you will see replacement sights on the GC and the extractor has been replace. Kept losing the front sight and finally just replaced it with a better attachment method. Have replaced the firing pin in the ACE. Found out the hard way years ago you can't dry fire that ACE, ha. They don't spend time in holsters and go from the range to the cleaning table and back to storage. The GC is my favorite plinker. You can shoot them and not abuse them.

Danny and Suicideride, VERY nice "oldies." That's the way I like to see 'em. bac1023, all I can say is WOW!!. I guess it was that or a Cadillac Escalade, eh?
I had to part with an oldie a few years back and have regretted it ever since. That '42 Colt had some history and that just brings out the cache of the pistol. I'm very glad to see so many Springfield's. I couldn't stand not having a 1911, so I got me a "Mil Spec" model and love it. I like the look and feel of the military ones. I'm not too keen on the beaver tails and skeleton triggers and hammers. There's some really nice pics. I have my old '42 in my "photos." TJ

Couple pics of my Rock Island A1. Great 1911 for what you pay.

441 - 460 of 1,010 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.