The Firearms Forum banner
521 - 540 of 1,010 Posts
Time to update my meager collection

Colt Enhanced Combat Commander series 80

Colt Lightweight Commander series 80

Colt Lightweight Officers ACP series 80

Kimber Clackamas Custom #117

and my latest aquisition, 1952 Colt Lightweight Commander .38 super

Springfield Armory Loaded 1911-A1 .45ACP with Nighthawk Custom G-10 grips and Wilson Combat Match-Grade Barrel Bushing

This thread makes me drooooool, they're all nice lookin 1911's. Would be hard to pic a favorite. :cool:

I just couldnt help it. I wanted it so I got it. If the rain lets up I will take it out back and shoot it today. S&W retooled their plant in maine with new CNC machines to redesign and build 1911s. They have made several upgrades such as night sights, new patented trigger, fish scale slide serations, titanium firing pin, stronger spring, no firing pin block, reshaped ejection port, match barrel with recessed crown, rounded butt mainspring housing, standard barrel bushing, wider retooled extractor just to name a few. I like the way it feels in my hand. This is the new scandium framed commander sc.

Attachments

Double_D, I knew I left too soon. :D

NICE !!
Now, time for a range report.
Its finally raining here. We need it bad. I did just take it apart and oil it up with SBGO.

I went out last night just before dark in between raindrops. All were shot from the un supported standing position at 35 ft. Sorry for the picture quality. You can tell it was my first time with this gun but I think I am going to like it. I felt that I should add that I started out with blazer 230s and went to rem golden sabre 185s without one malfuntion. The stock mags are decent, but as always I throw them in the safe and replace them with wilson combats. This is a must for consistant reliability. While there are many things that can improve accuracy, this gun shoots well right out of the box. Even better if you take my shakey hands out of the picture. This ones a keeper. I will put several hundred down range before it earns the right to be called my "everyday carry".

Attachments

That's the best looking Smith I've ever seen. Considering it's accurate as well, makes this 1911 a real keeper. Congrats on a great purchase! It's so dadgum pretty I think I just might have to pick one up. Thanks for showing her off.

Thanks guys. I really like it. I want to spend some quality time with her. I wish the rain would clear out but we need it. I want to shoot it supported from 50 ft and some other stuff. I always try and make it malfuntion to test reliability before I carry it. I honestly dont see any problems the way it functioned out of the box. I love 1911s.

Just finished her up, a plain Jane SA A-1 Milspec with a little work

Attachments

Hey 312 did you use mag polish on that? It looks beautiful.
Thank you - Started with a light #800 wet sanding, progressed through #1500, followed up with green then white polishing rouge with a buffing wheel and dremel

any chance u'd sell or trade...? both of my grandfathers were WWII VETS, 1 pacific & 1 n.africa/european....which led me to try & collect what little i can.....thank you
Funny you ask this IS the picture I am using to advertise the sale. PM if interested.

521 - 540 of 1,010 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.