The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This arrived today, did a swap with a guy over in the KC area for it, gave him a 1923 Izhevsk hex receiver 91/30 for it that I had a total of $126 in. He bought this ten years ago, fired it five times, cleaned it, swabbed it down with Wonderlube and put it in the case where it has remained until now. "Even the Joker smiles when you pull it out" he told me, and I have to agree!

·
TFF Chaplain
20,474 Posts
Very nice.
Give us a range report when you get a chance.

·
TFF Chaplain
20,474 Posts
Be patient. Your time will come. :D

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's all stainless except for the trigger guard. Got to take it out on Sunday, here's my first six shots at 50 yards. It's more accurate than I am and I'll be the first to admit it takes some getting used to. I only had enough powder with me to shoot two cylinders as I had forgotten to refill it after the last time out with my .50. This is with 25 grains of fffg and Hornady swaged round ball. Ice cream bucket lid for a target, lol.

·
TFF Chaplain
20,474 Posts
Nice shooting. Thanks for the picture and report. Keep it up; keep sending the reports.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Those are nice revolvers. I have one and it makes for a great deer gun.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I shot my 1851 reb. 44 memorial day and My pattern looked like that at about 15 feet. that is a good shooting gun.

I have a 5.5 inch stainless uberti 1858 I am going to tryout soon, but I have always had a hankering for one of those target sight buffalos.

cabela's had a sale on the blued and brass ones for not much over $200, so you got a steal on this one.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, it'll be going to a new home at my shooting buddy's place. While I enjoy shooting my .50 inline, the revolver's just aren't my "cup of tea". Swapping him the revolver, the caps and balls that I bought for it, either a 1942 Tula or 1943 Izhevsk 91/30, whichever he prefers, both are excellent shooters and in immaculate condition, 180 rounds of Bulgarian silvertip ammo for the Mosins, and 550 rounds of .22LR for a 1968 Ford Mustang that he has sitting in the trees at his place that's in need of a good working over but is a complete car. Needs the usual floor pans but had new quarters put on a few years ago, all glass is good and has a 351W that he rebuilt and put in shortly before parking it when the floors gave out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts