The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stepson's friend brought one over today to see if I could find out what it's worth and maybe sell it for him. It's in the original Navy Arms box although the cardboard is a bit worse for wear, it still has the styrofoam storage "box" for the revolver.

Looking the revolver over it's in excellent condition, unfired with 100% bluing, no nicks or scratches in the wood grips. Not something that I'd be interested in, either the caliber or the design, the drop-down trigger and no trigger guard just puts me off.

I'm not into the blackpowder replicas so have no real idea what I could sell or list it for. Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Navy is an importer. It depends on who made it as to value. An ASM isn't going to bring as much as a Pietta. A Palmetto won't bring as much as an ASM.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I had ordered one from Cabella's and they kept putting off delivery date so I cancelled. I got a Uberti, with rammer, NIB, but beat-up box, at auction for $550.

Maybe it's the same one --- up for auction now on GB buy now $525, new condition.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, he didn't want to leave the pistol with me, and I wasn't about to list it on GB without having it in hand, so I told him to have his dad list it...I had his carbine for a year the last time after replacing the main spring in it before he finally told me to sell it. I think he was looking more for some fast cash and probably decided to hang on to it after I told him that while what he had was worth some good money but not a quick sale at that price...not like it was an AR or AK!

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
In 1836, the Paterson was a high capacity, rapid firing assault handgun, that had no place on the streets of a peaceful, non-violent America. Sure.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts