The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 21860 Army's for Christmas. One has a pin in front of the hammer. Looks like it's to stop cap sucking. I haven't shot either one yet. I wonder why all Army's don't have them. Do the pins work
Thanks for helping an old guy.

·
Premium Member
13,151 Posts
I got 21860 Army's for Christmas. One has a pin in front of the hammer. Looks like it's to stop cap sucking. I haven't shot either one yet. I wonder why all Army's don't have them. Do the pins work
Thanks for helping an old guy.
Take a look at the front face of the hammer, there should be a corresponding hole allowing the hammer to be lowered onto the pin, thus allowing all six chambers to be carried loaded and capped with the hammer resting on the pin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Take a look at the front face of the hammer, there should be a corresponding hole allowing the hammer to be lowered onto the pin, thus allowing all six chambers to be carried loaded and capped with the hammer resting on the pin.
Not the pin i mean,. It's on the frame right in front of the nipple. The slot in the hammer allows the pin to not be hit by the hammer. The hammer can't pull the cap off the nipple with the pin in the way.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
I think this is what he's talking about. It's called a cap rake and it keeps fired caps from getting into the insides. It works but I'd rather not have one. It would be a deal breaker for me. No factory built gun has them. It's a modification

1 - 9 of 9 Posts