pirate coming here for trial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cycloneman, Apr 17, 2009.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

This last pirate is going to have trial in America reported by the news. I also learned that he could get a life sentence. Isn't that special! Just wait till word gets around in Somalia. 3 squares a day, basketball ct, tv, and living in the spotlight, hmmmmmmm. In fact if he plays his cards right he might even write a book. We will get to hear how bad he had it and how he was tortured as a kid and forced into a life of crime.

Your adverage ahole never had it so good. This guy hit paydirt. I dont know how much it cost to house one today but I say hmmmmmmm. This little problem shoud have been handled at sea. No question he was guilty. hmmmmmmmm

2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Oh boy, when the rest of them find out, they'll ALL be climbing on boats and taking potshots at US ships just so they can surrender and get tried in the US. So our prison population will go from an explosion in the numbers of illegal Mexicans to an explosion in the numbers of Somallis:rolleyes:

3. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Where would you rather the trial be held?

4. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Holding it here is fine, but don't give the scumbag life in prison. A US prison would be paradise compared to living in Somalia. Try him here, but if he's found guilty, execute him. Death has almost always been the standard penalty for piracy, so why change now?

5. cycloneman

trial what trial? are you kidding me? this guy was caught red handed. no question to his guilt. what's a trial going to do? that's just a technicality so a punishment can be handed down. this crime was commited at sea. open water crimes are quite different than those in socity. as i said in my post this should have been handled at sea. the fact that we are dragging a guilty as hell non citizen to the US (for trial in the US) for a crime that happened at sea is ludicrous.

this got so far out of control, it's not funny. Just wait to see what is going to happen and how much money we have to spend on this POS for the rest of his misrable life. I BET PAYING THE RANSOM WOULD HAVE BEEN CHEAPER.
    Sorry if it sounds cold but he chose to put the gun in his hand and take hostages. He choose this. If you choose to touch fire you should get burned.

Look at all the time he has taken up on this forum alone. We shouldn't be talking about this POS. Much less feeding him. These problems need to be handled when they come up at sea.

6. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

trial, what trial?
    We are a nation of laws. Failing to follow those laws, no matter how appealing, makes us less a nation.

7. artabr

artabr New Member

Let Kenya have him.

This is from the link below.

http://www.afroarticles.com/article...-A-New-Pirate-Guantanamo-Bay-in-Kenya-/151165

---------------------------------

New Pirate-Guantanamo-Bay in Kenya? US to sign Kenya deal to prosecute Somali pirates, revealed Lloyds list and published that the US-American government is understood to be nearing a deal with Kenya to detain and prosecute pirates captured off Somalia. It would be the second country after the United Kingdom - the former colonial power of Kenya - to secure such a deal. If successful, the deal will join a growing number of bilateral agreements between countries engaged in anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden and states willing to take pirates into custody.

Many European countries object to such solutions, since Kenya has not yet abolished the death-penalty and its maximum security prisons Shimo-la-Tewa and Kamiti are infamous for atrocities and human rights violations against priisoners. Critics of such developments include business-leaders in the tourism industry, which has in Kenya seriously declined after the post-election-violence with 1.500 people killed, who maintain that any such move like serving as a regional detention centre, would tarnish Kenya's reputation and affect tourism. Others fear that Kenya would further move into the crosshair-sights of potential terrorist attackers.

Art

8. 4EvrLearning

4EvrLearning New Member

There are certainly many things to consider in all of this, which makes a solution difficult to come to quickly. Any action at this point is up for international scrutiny and will have a variety of repercussions for not only the US, but all "free" countries. I don't pretend to have even an iota of understanding or ability to assess all the potential scenarios. The domino effect from this, and the precedents it will set, have high stakes. I pray that those weighing the risks are wise and honorable.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  9. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

10. cycloneman

10/4 I agree with you. That is why I will never leave US soil. I have no rights anywhere else I step foot but on this soil. Remember deliverance. Where is the law Drew? In some places there is no law. To me off the coast of Somilia is one of those places.

This issue with Somilia really hits a sore spot with me. I have freinds that were there for the feasco in 90's.

11. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Not to wory. He is from Samalia. No birth certificate. He will be tried as a juvinile first offence and be placed in the care of Child Protective Services. From thense, to Foster Care. Problem Solved. No wonder our misleaders wan't us unarmed.

12. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

Sounds like his next step is running for president? :rolleyes:

13. paulrw

paulrw New Member

Why can't the trial be at sea????? And he's IS guilty. Tie a 50 pound rock around his ankels and shove him off the back of the ship! Or would that be torture, because the rock weighs more than he does????

What I don't understqand is, gov't of the world know where these pirate bases are and who is helping them. Why don't we strike the town along the cost of Somalia? Get rid of the pirates and their support networks, all at once.

14. cycloneman

Because the pirates havent rattled the right cage yet. There is someone out there that will not put up with this minni mouse BS.

15. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Who?
    They've pretty much jacked every nation already.

We (the POTUS) are too busy shaking hands with our enemas to realize what is going on.
    We (the POTUS) are too busy sucking up and cajoling with those that want to kill us!:eek:

WE voted for change, and boy HOWDY are we getting it.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009