pistolsmith

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

boomatic
    (7/31/02 11:32:39 am)
    Reply Pistolsmith
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey everybody...brief question.
    I recently acquired an old, lightly used, Auto Ordnance .45. I am not sure of the age but am assuming it is old due to the quality...very nice fit, etc. It was free, so I thought "what the hell...I'll give her a round or two before selling her. Turns out that she operates quite well. I have given her about a 1000 round trial and think I will keep her with the others. But she needs some work, namely a trigger job or basic "reliability package" as some deem it. This brings me to my question (did you think I'd ever get there?)

I am in Oklahoma. Does anyone know of any reliable 1911smiths in the general area? I don't really want to send it to the "big guys" for several reasons (not much work, don't want to spend too awful much, don't want to wait 3-6 months, etc.)

Thought some of you in TX and/or other surrounding states might have a suggestion or two...even if I am in Oklahoma!!!!!

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/31/02 1:18:50 pm)
    Re: Pistolsmith
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're in Houston.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

boomatic
    (7/31/02 1:38:30 pm)
    Reply Re: Pistolsmith
    Hey Doc,

Didn't want to presume anything. I'll email you off list.
    jam

"Really, I don't like human nature unless all candied over with art."
    Virginia Woolf

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (7/31/02 5:56:22 pm)
    I know a pistolsmith in Oklahoma City.

Ken Hallock does excellent work at an affordable price. Fast turnaround.

boomatic
    (8/1/02 10:57:09 am)
    Thanks shooter, I'll see if I can locate him.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."
    Thomas Jefferson