The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's plan if a intruder breaks into your home? My basic plan of action is, when I'm married, give the wife her 20 guage semi auto, (finance already has it and a 9MM Springfield XDM) When we have kids, make sure there all in our bedroom with the wife, have her lock the door and lay on the floor outside my door with my 500, G21, and my AR. They can have anything they want, it's replaceable, family is not replaceable, and if they come up our stairs I'm going to let them have it. What's everyone else's plan?I really don't want to go look for an intruder, if I get flanked and killed what's the point?

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Most of this kind of thing is going to depend on how much time you have from when you realize there is a threat to getting your act together. The more time you have, the better off you are. Which means some way of waking your butt up, delaying or preventing entry, and/or disorienting the intruder(s) with bright flashing lights, sirens, etc., or obstacles they'll have to deal with to get to you. This is where trained dogs, and various alarm systems pay off. They give you that extra time.

If he/they are already in the house before you are aware of a threat you're basically screwed.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I'm gonna run away.....:)

·
Registered
18,041 Posts
the govt would have us run around yelling help hoping the police showed up.

mine is a tad different...

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Dogs outside, dogs inside. Alarms on all doors, and windows, with a motion detector in the living room that covers both enterances. I knew a guy once that got robbed. They took everything, including his bed side gun. His response was to buy more guns. I think I can do better than that! Please if you have not been properly trained, and have the proper equipment, don't go looking for the BG in your home, that is a really good way to wind up at the morgue. If the dogs are barking, and I have no alarms, then I will go check it out.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
And they even work when the power is down!!

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Five acres fenced and gated with driveway sensors and camera system with 4 dogs and plenty of firearms and 40yrs of training. Come on in.....

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Five acres fenced and gated with driveway sensors and camera system with 4 dogs and plenty of firearms and 40yrs of training. Come on in.....
And if D is on the throne...Betty will shoot your ass!
BTW, How is your back feeling?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's just my emergency plan. Family is always first in my book. I will die before someone even touches my wife and family.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
nice long hallway from front door all the way to the back of the house and master bedroom. All I gotta do is roll outta bed and pop out about 5 feet with the shotty or handgun (both have lights on them) and let crap fly down the hall. bedroom is always 100% dark, I leave lights on in the front of the house so I have a light advantage right off the bat. If you make it through the locks and dog, then you get to meet 'buckshot'...

Dog and cameras... and other stuff.... lots of training... it's almost a sure thing whoever breaks in is going to be at an incredibly severe disadvantage if I'm home. They better be 9'8" 400lbs and packing a rocket launcher...

luckily, kids room is outta the line of fire. Only thing that sucks about my plan is that my vehicles are parked right on the other side of the wall from the entryway; gonna blast my own trucks if I go through or miss the bad guys. Least of my worries then, ah well. With the shotty or handgun, it won't do much to the vehicles by the time it gets there.

G

·
This is a good question as everyone should have a plan. My plan is:

A. If caught offgaurd "sleeping" I will throw up my hands and offer to carry the loot to his car. After he leaves I will load a 12 gauge shell with salt and spin my dog around for not alerting me.

B. If I surprise him in the act of a burglary, I shall shoot him several times in non vital organs, first beings the fingers so he can't steal, his toes so he can't run. then his dick so he cannot rape. Finally the mouth so he cannot speak to the police for what I did.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have plans to always have the first bedroom in the house. After the army the toliet flushing on the other side of the house wakes me up. If they break in I will be out the bed so fast with the shotgun that I will probably find them still getting in. Then it's just wait, let them in, then there dead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts