plastic colt trainer pistols - usnavy

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by jameslester, Apr 19, 2009.

1. jameslester

jameslester New Member

My father's uncle was a provost marshall during WWII. He gave my father these two plastic pistols. We've never seen any like them or found any information on them. I finally got around to photographing one of them this weekend. Any information would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Many years ago, when I was stationed at Fort Campbell, KY, range control had a few "rubber" 45's and also a few "rubber" M-16s to use as training aids. The units would sign them out to teach proper sight pictures and so forth before actually going to the range for qualifications.

EDIT: The ones I saw did not have US Navy on them but this may be what this one is, a training aid of some sort.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009

3. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

A fellow I met in the gym on an AF base in 1960 had one. Don't recall if it had any markings. He also had a rubber knife. He used them to teach how to take down an armed oponent. He could take us down but only a few of us could take him down and I wasn't one of them. One tough old guy.

4. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 New Member

"Rubber Ducks", use for training, especially for soldiers that had no prior experience with firearms or where an actual firearm was not required.
    May be worth some money.