The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this bayonet recently that my brother and I found about 28 years ago. The only markings on it are C3121 on the blade and an "U" on the part that fits on the weapon barrel. The blade is 15 1/2" long and the overall length is 20 1/2" Any help to ID this and what kind of weapon it came on would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dixie, your bayonet is the Spanish M1893 for the Mauser rifle. These were issue before and during the Spanish-American War. Spain- like many countries without a firearms industry- purchased German-made Mauser rifles and carbines. Unlike most countries they made their own bayonets rather than buying them with the rifles as they did they have a flourishing blade industry.
There was a shorter version, also called the M1893. Collectors refer to them as the M1893 long and M1893 short... Hope this helps, Steve in Colorado

·
Registered
105 Posts
I too have seen them referred to as M1913, as well as M1893/13... I dunno but this might be one of those without an 'official' designation until some researcher comes up with documentation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts