The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is one of my guns I inherited from my grandfather’s collection and am having trouble finding manufacturer date and value. Here is what I know so far, as far as I can tell it was made before 1948 but the date information I have found is all over the place. I think it was manufactured between 1931 and 1948 but not positive since markings are kind of confusing. I will post pictures of markings I have used to try to get information, if any others are needed please let me know. It has Stevens on one side with a pointer engraved on it, the opposing side has J. Stevens Arms Company Chicopee Falls, Mass U.S.A. also has a 5000 on the lower left on same side. On the bottom next to where it pivots it has a 22 inside a circle, on the top of the barrels it has selected proof steel and on the opposing barrel proof tested 12 gauge 2 3/4 inch chamber. It has checkered walnut stocks with much of the case hardening remaining, blued barrels and a clean bright smooth bore. Any information I can receive with this shotgun will be greatly appreciated, I am trying to date and put a value to my grandfather’s extensive collection that I now own. Thank you in advance
Wood Flooring Hardwood Auto part Metal

Tin Air gun Wood Office supplies Material property

Bumper Door Rim Bicycle part Automotive exterior

Grille Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Gas

Wood Natural material Handle Household hardware Tints and shades

Revolver Trigger Air gun Wood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
That is a pretty shotgun. I hope you hang onto it, because it is obvious by it's condition that your grandfather cared about that shotgun. The cash value will never equal it's true value to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts