The Firearms Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
18,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
About the only thing I have seen from this shortage was people focusing on what they really want to shoot and getting rid of 'spare calibers'. I have bought a few molds and dies that way.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
All I've done this "shortage" is buy HP moulds for 9,40,45...and from my experiments,I can't see buying another handgun bullet to reload,same with the great moulds for .300Wh.....as I have tons of rifle bullets,I think my buying days are over.

·
Registered
18,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Nice. I am pretty much only loading projectiles I'm casting now. I do have some supplies of jacketed and plated bullets left. I won't be replacing them.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The main reason I don't publish load data on any platform I use.
If I ever call out load data it is from published data and not a max type load. With the shortage of supplies right now it is good for anyone new to the game to understand that only published data should be trusted but at the same time the more it is discussed the more it is likely to sink in. If done, the source of the info should be given so that verification can be made. Also, it lets newcommers know places to get data from and that proceedures should be followed. Just stating something doesnt do it properly. Many ask for clarification but how many just look and move on is the issue. Adding believe nothing stated on the internet from anyone including me is also not a bad adder. Some information in this day and time with the shortages is too importaint not to share - you can take that for what its worth. If we do not share mistakes, others are doomed to repeat them with possibly worst results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it possible that their reading /comprehension level is not up to par?

I started my Reloading by Buying a Speer Manual before my Lee Challenger Reloading kit arrived via UPS. I had read that manual from cover to cover at least 3 times before the equipment arrived at my door.
Manufactures must publish manuals with emojis only. There, fixed the reading comprehension problem. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
8,698 Posts
I have several Reloading manuals, Speer, Hornady, Lyman. Sierra, Western Lee, they all come in handy. I only have one I don't use and that is the Noseler

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Wonder what % of AR-15’s are just sitting in the safe unused because they don’t reload.Probalbly not shooting the little amount they have fearing they can’t get much more if any the replace the ammo they use.
Most cases they forked out a decent amount of cash to purchase the rifle in the first place.
I bet way more than 1/2.

·
Super Moderator
42,744 Posts
Wonder what % of AR-15’s are just sitting in the safe unused because they don’t reload.Probalbly not shooting the little amount they have fearing they can’t get much more if any the replace the ammo they use.
Most cases they forked out a decent amount of cash to purchase the rifle in the first place.
I bet way more than 1/2.
I wouldn't bet against you. All of mine are just setting in the safe or closets and I do reload for all of them.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have several Reloading manuals, Speer, Hornady, Lyman. Sierra, Western Lee, they all come in handy. I only have one I don't use and that is the Noseler
I agree. Their loads (nosler) do appear to be weak and they dont have the pressure down. They list w296 and h110 as two different loads with the fps reversed for the charge level. Anyone that has reloading experiance can see it but new commers likely dont know the difference. I dont know whats up with that - if they have that messed up can you believe anything else they publish as credible?

This is on their 158grn JHP .357 load sheet.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts