The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some 38 sp ammo for the range..LGS has 50 round boxes of 38 PMC FMJ for 19.95...is that a good price or better off waiting for the craziness to stop ?

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
Sounds reasonable, but I haven't bought any .38's in years. Seems one of my pals paid about that at Academy a few months back.

·
Garandaholic
9,515 Posts
Before SH, inexpensive .38 was about 16.00 box. Like many ammo calibers it's scarce, but when in stock is actually selling close to what it was at the big retailers. I have PPU 158 gr .38 coming from Cabelas that I ordered on 1/17 for 15.99 box

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
I agree - that's not a bad price. 38 Special ammo is not as popular as it was, and they are making less of it, so the price is a little higher. Was at Wally World yesterday, and NO .22s (except for magums), and little else in pistol calibers. Rifle stuff mostly '06 hunting and .300 WinMag, and very little of that. Lots of shot shells, but now they are talking about putting some of those on a ban list, so those might dry up too, if the panic on them starts.

BTW, don't know what pistol you have, but remember that in the .38 Special most of the older revolvers shouldn't use .38 Special +P. Most newer ones (except alloy frames) are generally OK with +P, just make sure what you have.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Thats a fair price right now and even before the rush on ammo it was a good price. I just got 1000 rounds of PMC 45 auto for 400 and some change. 4 boxes of 250 97.96 a box before tax at walmart. 38 special has always been around the same price as 45 auto .357 just a hair more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts