Pocket pistol holster advice sought

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Hovannes, Jul 25, 2018.

1. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

2. tedwitt

tedwitt 440 Supporting Member

I saw a leather LOOP at Wallyworld the other day, has anybody had any experience with them, I once knew a Constable that swore by them.

carver, shootbrownelk and drymag like this.

3. MIkeflys

MIkeflys Active Member

I often carry an LCP II, and I used to have the original LCP. Both guns came with a cloth "pocket" holster that works great. I also have a "Sneaky Pete" holster. It looks like a somewhat large cell phone case. Very easy draw and it holds the gun securely.

flboots, cec2, jsjj388 and 4 others like this.
  4. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Another vote for DeSantes, especially their pocket holsters. I pocket carry my P3AT, SIG 365 & Ruger LCR's in their's & have been using the same ones for nearly 20 yrs. Except for the Sig & LCR. They haven't made them for that long.

cec2, carver, shootbrownelk and 2 others like this.
  5. 5150

5150 Well-Known Member

I like the DeSantis Super Fly for my S&W 637.

Dungannon, Arteest, tedwitt and 2 others like this.
  6. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I own a j frame and I wouldn't carry it in my pocket. It would be very uncomfortable for me. I carry it in an outside the waste band holster.

carver, shootbrownelk and tedwitt like this.
  7. 5150

5150 Well-Known Member

Having a J-frame for my CC, I thought the same thing at first until a buddy gave me the DeSantis. The 637 is an Airweight, it doesn't print and feels light in the pocket. I'm happy with it. :D

cec2, tedwitt, carver and 1 other person like this.
  8. shootbrownelk

shootbrownelk Well-Known Member

My alloy snubbie rides in a Galco crossdraw. I didn't like pocket carry.

tedwitt and carver like this.
  9. MIkeflys

MIkeflys Active Member

I do pocket carry, not all the time. It depends on what I am doing and what I am wearing. My only complaint with pocket carry, and it is rather nit-picky. I want my pistol in my strong hand pocket. Well that's also were I keep all my pocket stuff. If I carry in my front pocket, I have to move my keys and change to the other side. I lived 50 some years before I started to CC, it's just wrong to have stuff in the wrong pocket.

10. 5150

5150 Well-Known Member

I am mix-handed (not the same as amphibious) but shoot primarily left-handed. For years b4 I got my carry license I always kept keys, change, etc. in my right-front pocket so it was no biggie to keep a pocket holster on my left side. But I do agree with you, it is so wrong to have stuff in the wrong pocket! :eek:

11. 5150

5150 Well-Known Member

Oops, "ambidextrous"

carver and tedwitt like this.
  12. tedwitt

tedwitt 440 Supporting Member

I had never heard of mixed handed before. My Father, Sister and Brother were left handed, Dad was ambidextrous, the others are not. I am right handed and can shoot a pistol with either hand, better right handed.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    carver and 5150 like this.
  13. 5150

5150 Well-Known Member

From what I was told mix-handed is where you primarily do some things left- and some things right-handed. I'm primarily left-handed but do some thins right-handed, like hold a glass, shave, use a reloading press arm, etc. Generally, though, I do things left-handed.

Ambidextrous it when you can do things pretty much the same either way (but I'm sure you knew that :rolleyes:) I had never heard that term either until a few years ago. I guess you can do most things either right- or left-handed and be mix-handed. Does any of this make sense??

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  14. Dungannon

Dungannon Active Member

I'm right-handed and for the last 2+ years have been carrying an S&W Shield in my right front pocket using a DeSantis SuperFly pocket holster [https://www.desantisholster.com/super-fly/]. Cell phone and wallet in left front pocket. Two spare magazines in my left rear pocket.

pocket carry 1.jpg
    pocket carry 2.jpg

Carried a G19 for 15+ years in an IWB holster [last one was from Alien Gear].

15. flboots

flboots Well-Known Member

I have a Spectra 380 I carry in a Uncle Mikes #10 IWB holster. I clip it between my belt and pants. So far it is very comfortable and easy to get at. I use a hair ban to help keep the pistol from riding out when I am sitting or bending down.