Polish 22 Trainers from SOG

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/3/02 8:53:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Polish 22 Trainers from SOG
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    About a month ago, I got in two Polish 22 Trainer rifles from SOG. These rifles looked very good to fine condition, and I just put them back on the rack because I had a lot of projects ahead of them. Yesterday I got around to examining these more closely. I put the first one on the bench, removed the bolt (no problem, slick clean action) then started working on removing the barrel bands. As I was wiggling the barrel bands forward, I felt a funny "crunching" sensation under the top handguard wood. Little warning bells started going off in my head. I finally got the barrel bands off, and when I lifted the top handguard -------------- sand. Lots of sand. As I worked on removing the rest of the barrelled action from the stock, I found that puppy to be packed with sand. No real rust or degeneration, just a ton of sand from the ol' Polish training range. As I took apart the second one - same thing.

So, keep in mind if you get one of these Polish 22 Trainers, take it apart for a thorough cleaning ASAP!
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!