The Firearms Forum banner

polish p-83 9x18

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  oscarmayer 
#1 ·
j and g sales has surplus polish p-83's for sale. the reason i mention this , they haven't been imported in years and are every bit as good as a "real makarov" while in poland in the mid 80's i had one of these presented to me and consider it a sleeper. i like my polish p-64 but the p-83 is ten times better. the size is perfect for the 9x18 makarov round is very comparable in size to a makarov and is 100 % reliable. check it out get one while you can

#2 · (Edited)
Nice find, I love J&g sales. I do have a question though. What is the difference between the p-64 and the p-83? They have them both at J&G 100 dollars difference between the two. I have never fired one of these and from your posts I can assume you know what's going on by the knowledge you share. Is size the difference between the two? Also is it a good idea to get the spring kits and magazines they have to go along with these guns? Thanks in advance, JUNK

#3 ·
the p-83 is just a bit bigger along the lines of a makarov or a wather pp where the p-64 is along the lines of a ppk. the p-64 seems to be made better but the trigger pull is rough the p-83 is more refined and operates slicker. the p-83 holds 8 rds the p-64 6 or 7 rounds i forget and presently i'm not near my safe to check it out. right now the p-83 is rarer and like the p-64 will be going up in price once these imports dry up. the p-64 has more of a kick to it being that it's smaller the p-83 soaks up recoiler much better. the grip is bigger and you're able to get a better grip on the gun. i happen to like them both very much and would rather pack either one of them over a new ppk or ppk/s .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.