Polishshooter

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (2/11/02 7:32:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Polishshooter
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Did you get my email about the 3 91/30's I sent to you a couple of days ago?

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/12/02 12:03:18 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Polishshooter
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yeah I did, and I emailed you back through your private email here, you must not have gotten it...

All the pics overloaded my mailbox space, so I transferred all the pics to my disc and deleted the original email to free up the space...then when I went to reply, I didn't have your address! It wasn't in my address book either, I can't figure out why, I know I put it in there...

Email me again, and I'll forward back my reply from the other night. AND make sure you are in my address book...

Bottom line is I think it's a good deal...even if they are refinished G-VGs, that is a good price for 91s...the first one I did not recognize, and suspect it COULD be Finnish, with all the markings ground off, and the counterbored barrel...I would have to see the stock and other markings to be sure...but the second and third are both Izhevsk arsenal...the "peened" Czarist markings on the top flat of the receiver atr pretty typical...damn commies tried to get rid of anything Czarist...I believe they are factory rearsenaled metal with "non-factory" i.e., by a previous owner, refinish on the wood, at least of two of them...

And the first one COULD be a Tula...those years had a cyrillic inscription over the chamber that translated to something like "Peter the Great's Rifle" or something, the commies could have ground it all off too...

Heck, if you don't buy them, I might, I need more 91s, the one I got from Bob is lonely....
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (2/12/02 9:01:29 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Polishshooter
    email sent

The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum