Polishshooter

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

procrastinator
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/25/02 10:49:32 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Polishshooter
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I may be in Cinn. area the week after the 4th of July. I have been there twice this year but it was for funerals. This time for visiting.

Can you tell me if SOG or AIM have a walk in showroom or counter where I might be able to pick out what I want?

Thanks
    Frank
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/25/02 3:01:51 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Polishshooter
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From what I understand, they both have walk-in pick up counters. Polishshooter says he has been to both places to pick up stuff - but we all know he is probably rooting around in the dumpsters out back looking for goodies -----
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

procrastinator
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/26/02 8:40:03 am)
    I work with a guy that once a week goes dumpster diving at work. Amazing what the company throws out! Last week he retrieved two blueprint cabinets that would have been perfect for a hand gun collector. It's a shame that I live in such cramped quarters or I would have taken the plunge!

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (6/26/02 9:26:37 am)
    I am currently using an old metal map cabinet that a place I used to work at was throwing out - they do make fantastic handgun storage cabinets.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/4/02 12:29:28 am)
    Pro, AIM has a walk up window where anybody can buy whatever they have after looking at it first...only without an FFL they charge a 15% fee. And without an FFL, only long guns can be bought by non-Ohio residents remember...in my case only CR stuff...while I have never done it, I assume if I bought a non-CR long gun I'd have to pay the 15% counter fee as if I was non-licensed, but maybe not.

SOG has a pick-up counter only, you have to order at least 24 hours in advance, and it's to FFLs on file only.
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

procrastinator
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/4/02 8:25:31 am)
    Thanks Polish,

I emailed both of them yesterday morning telling them that I would be in the area next week and asking if they had a counter where I could purchase items.

Also asked about the availability of walnut stocked Swiss K31s.

Aim responded with a very curt reply about hours of the counter.

Haven't heard from SOG.

Think I will call FGS and order a couple when the time comes.

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/6/02 7:13:08 pm)
    Pro, I checked out at AIM one of the Swiss when they first came on the market and it was SWEET, then I found out it was one they were selling at the time as "shooters grade" for $20 less than their VGs. I wish the Russian "VGs" I've bought from them were in half as good shape!

Not sure if it was walnut or not, but the stock was in fine shape with only a few minor dings, they said their better ones were almost "unfired."
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"