Political correctness and fake news legislation

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Kody24, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Twicepop

Twicepop Well-Known Member

The Kings and Queens of fake news and they want to legislate against it. Does this mean they'll disappear if those laws pass?

2. Kody24

Kody24 Well-Known Member

Not likely but they hope the competition will. The only news I watch on TV anymore is the weather and they're wrong about that half the time.

3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Just happened to remember. "Pravda" means "Truth".

4. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

5. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

What I find funny is most people would agree that alternative news outlets, mostly internet, are included in the category of "fake news". While I'll agree that sites like infowars, SHTFplan, etc tend to be overly dramatic in their reports, most generally there is underlying truth to them. Even level headed folks here will blatantly dismiss these sites as "fake news" and not think how they are playing right into the hands of the progressive liberals.

crystalphoto, carver and Kody24 like this.
  6. Kody24

Kody24 Well-Known Member

I have seen news items on those sites that were absolute national enquirer quality b.s.that being said they are still more accurate than cnn. Just came across a new one about 15 minutes ago, chancellor obull**** and co. are pushing through legislation to create an American propoganda agency. Our beurocratic rulers love redundancy. I checked a few reputable sites and this one seems to check out.

7. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

The Democratic Party is finished. After the smoke they blew during the election year, they need a big time flue cleaning! They change their words but they mean just the same thing. The good news is, they were so blinded by their own smoke-screen, Trump might as well have been invisible.

firefighter1635 and carver like this.
  8. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

I wish I could agree with you but I cannot. The conversations I've had with libs leads me to believe that not only are they not demoralized they are energized and ready and willing to take ANY steps they can to regain control of the situation. It would be a grave mistake to underestimate their resolve. Be ready for strong push back it's gonna get pretty ugly IMHO.

9. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, these are the same people who believed the pollsters who told Hillary to start packing her undies for the move to Pennsylvania Ave. Of course they are energized, they are still drinking the kool-ade & haven't sobered up yet.

firefighter1635 and carver like this.
  10. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

And they are not likely to "sober up" they're addicts.

Broot, firefighter1635 and carver like this.
  11. FreshP

FreshP Well-Known Member

Over here in Germany we once had fake news legislation passed. That happened in 1935 and was passed by the nazi party. The only purpose of this law was censorship, as it is the state which defines truth and fake. A state with fake news legislation can't be considered a democratic or free state. Just the same with the RKBA.
    And yeah, over here the interior minister wants to pass fake news laws too. Looks like they didn't learn what history taught us. I guess politicians are just afraid that their fake news will be exposed by the "fake news" they want to censor.

12. bosun

bosun Well-Known Member

The Democrat party is not finished. It still has the same voter base. If they had fielded a better candidate than the Anti-Christ Hillary, Trump would not have gotten elected. They stab each other in the back like they did to Bernie but they still stick together. The Republicans have Rino's who are talking like they won't support Trump. The Dems seem to be sticking together in their normal anti-non Democrat manner of "we want what we want and every thing else be damned"..

Broot, firefighter1635 and BlackEagle like this.
  13. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

ral357 likes this.