The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many here have received requests for your opinion on something, only to be asked at the end for a donation?
How many of these are frauds?
Is there any way to find out it the donations actually go to whom they are suppose to be going to?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took a poll one time, about 35 or 40 years ago at the Rivergate Mall in Nashville, TN. Something to do with tasting a coke and a pepsi to tell them which one tasted better, I picked coke.
Did they ask for a donation?

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
In this day and age it is hard to tell what is a fraud and what is not. IMO you should donate YOUR money where you choose, not based on some phone call. All valid charities/political parties etc. etc... have valid websites and are usually a safe place to donate.

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
I do not take POLLS or donate any money to any person, group, or organization!!

I just figure they are all after the money and don't care about any cause.

I reckon I'm just a grumpy, old man!!

I was awaken this afternoon from a nap by someone in Minnesota who wanted me to answer questions in some SURVEY ............. like my opinion is worth something!! Told them NO and hung up - they called right back - I blocked their number!!

·
Super Moderator
38,406 Posts
This is not a poll but something just as irritating, to me anyway - in the past two weeks, I have gotten several text messages, from out of state area codes, telling me how important it is to get my mail in ballot for this November. I advised myself that I should not say here what my answer to those texts were, if I did I would have to give myself several warnings!;):rolleyes:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is not a poll but something just as irritating, to me anyway - in the past two weeks, I have gotten several text messages, from out of state area codes, telling me how important it is to get my mail in ballot for this November. I advised myself that I should not say here what my answer to those texts were, if I did I would have to give myself several warnings!;):rolleyes:
I have started to get text messages (dozen or so) in the last month.
I don't even reply just delete, if you reply you are confirming it is a working number.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts