1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/7/02 3:46:45 pm)
    Reply POP UPS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hate pop ups. They drive me to distraction and I usually take it out on the wife, kick the dog, or some equally misplaced and directed act.

I now keep a list of those advertisers and send them email telling them I'll never buy their products and will attempt to keep everyone I know from doing the same.

It may not hurt them but it makes me feel better.

You can start your own list and maybe pop ups will disappear if enough folks join the bandwagon.

Smoky the terrible

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/7/02 3:59:56 pm)
    Reply Re: POP UPS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I use a pop-up killer, so I never have that problem anymore. LTS

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/7/02 5:54:47 pm)
    Prally a 17 hornyday ata 1000yds huh LTS??

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/7/02 7:53:59 pm)
    LTS at 1000yrds? I'd bet its further than that. He can thread a needle at that distance.

Smoky the stretcher

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/8/02 7:59:57 am)
    U B rite smokey, that dude couldn't see an elefink if'n it was standin 'side a him

for the unlucky? few we picked this 1000yd crap up on brand x a while back when a cupple dudes aver there was havin a SERIOUS discourse about long range whitetails w/ a 17hornedee Me an LTS an a few others bin havin a ball with it ever since

Matter a fact, I think I'll go over there soon an ask whooze gonna take the first whitail at a 1000 yds this seaon.....when does deer season begin out yore way?

Edited by: ibtrukn at: 8/8/02 9:02:50 am

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/8/02 3:48:35 pm)
    When I'm elected "King Of The World", I'll eliminate, pop ups, spam (the Email kind), and those damn cardboard tear-outs in magazines.......and, oh yeah, all those junk mail offers for credit cards.

Vote early and often!

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/8/02 4:09:49 pm)
    XRACER FOR KING, LONG LIVE THE KING.

Smoky your loyal subject

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/9/02 12:42:07 pm)
    Re: POP UPS
    LTS --- What is a "Pop-Up Killer?
    Where do they come from?
    Can ya help us out?
    I need IT!
    Thanx
    Charlie D (Oh, I'm not a pop-up, I don' think?)

Gene Waldo
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/13/02 4:12:01 pm)
    Smoky,
    "I hate pop ups."

Mostly they bees the price you pay for cheap servers?

We got a pepper-popper whut launches a clay birdie for your 2nd tube.
    Gotta be real quick.

Position y'sef before the screen.
    Boot.
    When the pop-up pops, give it both tubes.

GW-

anchored
    (8/14/02 9:06:32 am)
    A popup killer is a program that filters out those ads.
    Here's a very popular one for IE users: downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2366-10133684.html?tag=lst-0-1

While your at it, grab this: downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2094-10121984.html?tag=lst-0-2 to get rid of all the spyware that the pop ups, cookies and other crap leaves on your system.

As a dreamer of dreams and a travelling man, I have chalked up many a mile; read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, and I've learned much from both of their styles.
    -J. Buffett
    {Auction45}{Famous Flying Yen}

kornhauser
    (8/21/02 5:45:09 am)
    Reply pop ups
    I use "POP UP KILLER". It's a program I downloaded for free from www.kazaa.com.

The cool thing is that you choose the pop ups you want "killed" so the important ones from say wal-mart or priceline aren't destroyed.

If the program is running and a pop up comes up, the instant POP UP KILLER recognizes it's one that you want blocked, it shuts it down.

Also, you can share what pop ups you have blocked with other users and vice versa, but I wouldn't recommend that.