The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching this ridiculous video posted here:
!

I have seen other videos where they do the same. After firing 30 shots the magazine is empty the the chamber is clear as well. After doing the magazine change he was able to go hot without pulling on the charging handle. What is it that hes doing to re chamber the rifle? From what it looked like he was hitting the safety switch or atleast thats whats on my rifle?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
There's a bolt catch on the side that releases the bolt when it's locked open. It's just behind the magazine on the left side. They're using the punch to remove the pin for it in the picture.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
The pin holds the bolt release in place. The punch is just the tool for removing the pin. i found the picture through google, it was the best one to explain how he was releasing the bolt.

·
Premium Member
14,151 Posts
Is there any cons for doing this? I would much rather have the slide release instead of using the charging handle every time.
You'd only have to use the charging handle for your first mag. The bolt catch is a hold-open that engages as the mag empties. Drop the empty mag, insert a fresh one, tap the bolt catch, bolt moves forward chambering a round, and you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Joker that punch in the picture is just to show you how to change the bolt release out if needed. Your gun should already have the button to just press and close the bolt. You dont have to punch any pins out. Look on your gun you will see the bolt release button.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Just watched the video. That goofball AR rig is beyond words ridiculous.
4 flashlights and 3 red dot sights. He must be king of the mall ninjas.:lmao2::lmao2:

·
Premium Member
12,996 Posts
That is honestly amazing, I don't know why it took me such a long time to stumble upon this. Anyone know off the top of their head what size punch is needed?
Do not remove your bolt catch button! As somone has already said, you just "trip" the button when you reload the magazine...

·
Premium Member
14,151 Posts
As a teenager I once had the opportunity to talk rifles and such with a WW1 vet who lived down the way from us. I'll never forget his telling me that the most effective weapon he'd ever used in combat was a German entrenching tool. In other words, a shovel. Can't help but wonder what he'd have to say about this ninja's collection of rails, mags, lights, bells and whistles and such. Chances are there's an auxiliary shovel that clamps onto one of the rails - just in case you wanted to use that absurd AR contraption close up and dirty.

·
Premium Member
12,996 Posts
Imagine toting a 24 pound battle rifle......

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hey... has anyone verified that The Joker has not removed the pin to the bolt release? That he indeed does NOT need to take the lever off? I think he might have misunderstood the information and picture combined.
Now.. on with the video.... I noticed the poor guy started slowing while shooting... He needs to learn about Stamina! That or pace himself! And Id take a 26 pound BAR over the monster in that video any day!
Oh... Joker... do NOT remove the pin to that lever! That lever IS the bolt release.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No I have no removed it, nor tried to. I might be having some issues with my AR because I have never been able to use the bolt release. I just tried it using empty mags but no clicking sound nor any movement.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.