The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TFFWPP President
13,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one made in 1973 and hardly use it other than to take up space in the safe. I am looking at getting my first had gun.

should I think about trading it in or keep it. I don't necessarily need a hand gun right now but would like to have one.

is my 94 going to go up in value, stay stagnant, or go down?

I have a .270 and a .243 to cover just about any game I can think of so the .30-30 is more of a novelty.

am I gonna regret selling it later on?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hello,

I do not believe that the value of the post-1963 manufactured Model 94s is going to move up or down...stagnant is a good term.

Keep in mind that Winchester and the U.S. Repeating Arms Co. (after January 1981) manufactured nearly 4-million Model 94s after 1963. There were just over 2.6-million pre-1964 Model 1894/94s made.

Bert H.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Values vary in different areas. Around here (Okla.) they are pretty popular, and post 64 94's tend to run around $300. $275. if cosmetically challenged. Might go $325. if a REALLY nice one.
Marlin 30/30's are more popular and do better than Winchesters value wise. At least around here.

·
TFFWPP President
13,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe I'll sling it over my shoulder at the show in 2 weeks and see what happens. after all, I don't NEED to sell/trade it

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Don't know about your area, but around here we have Facebook pages devoted to gun trading. Post a pic of it with caption, "looking to trade for X type of gun". (or sell for X amount $).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts