Post up your Ugly Mug !!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crpdeth, Dec 14, 2007.

1. JayGoodman

JayGoodman Member

I try to hide my mug as much as possible. Glasses and a hat work quite well ;)

Attached Files:

joe45c, Broot, FreshP and 1 other person like this.
  2. FreedomAndForgiven

FreedomAndForgiven Well-Known Member

Me and my buddy Phoenix chilling 20161218_184540.jpg

Me and Rita our rescue
    20161218_180835.jpg

flyingtiger85, Crpdeth, gvw3 and 4 others like this.

3. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Phoenix is beautiful, and matches your shirt.:)
    What breed/variety is he/she. ?

4. FreedomAndForgiven

Phoenix is a rare second generation hybrid Macaw called a Camilla Macaw he is a hybrid of a Greenwing Macaw, and a Miligold Macaw. If you look up Camilla Macaw on google 99% of the photos are of him. We took him in a few days before he turned 2.

jstgsn and ysacres like this.
  5. Rothhammer1

Rothhammer1 Well-Known Member

6. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That's just an awesome feathered friend.
    Thanks for sharing.
    y's

7. FreedomAndForgiven

We have 4 all together. We fostered a bunch for awhile, and at one time had 21 birds in our house.

2A-Jay and ysacres like this.
  8. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

Gorgeous Birds, and they seem to enjoy being in the limelight. The Macaws are my favorite species. Though I have always wanted a Hyacinth personally I could never have afforded one. And Phoenix is a very cool name.

9. FreedomAndForgiven

I'd love a hyacinth myself that's my dream bird. We are part of a large parrot owners club, and several of the people their have Hyacinth macaws and Black Palm Cockatoos. The hyacinth has to have a special aircraft gradr stainless steel cage because their beaks will snap the bars, and welds on any other type of metal. They're funny ad heck. When we took in Phoenix he already had his named, and knew it so we didn't want to rescue him, and confuse him more by changing his name.

10. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

A pet shop in San Diego that specialized in South American Fish and Birds had the most beautiful Hyacinth I have ever seen, he was their official greeter as you came through the door. His name was Pablo, and he was the friendliest thing, Watched him eating Brazil nuts like we would shell peanuts. That was what made me fall in love with Macaws right there.

11. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]If I am not shooting I am fishing.

joe45c, FreshP and Big Mak like this.
  12. FreedomAndForgiven

20161207_215206.jpg 20161207_215206.jpg 20161207_215049.jpg
    Yeah the starting price for a hyacinth is about $10,000 in my area and goes up to $25,000 depending on the coloring. Rita I paid $500 for to get her out of a horrible condition. Lucy we get for $400 from a bird store owner I'm friends with. She was born with a deformed beak, and has bald spots on her nack, and under her wings. She was the runt, and the only reason she made it was he takes the babies out of the nest no later then 4 weeks old, and starts hand feeding them. If she would have stayed in the nest the parents would have expected not fed her or just killed her. Phoenix the bird store owner have ever in exchange for creating him a retail website. Gizmo is the only one we paid for, but I got him cheap, and we got him when he was 4 weeks old, but didn't take him home u til he was about 14 weeks. Our macaws will live to be about 100 and Gizmo our Goffin Cockatoo will live to be about 85

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  13. FreedomAndForgiven

Same here plan on doing a lot more in 2017 as I don't plan on having another stroke, and my wife isn't pregnant for now

14. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the stroke. My retirement has not gone as planned but I still get some fishing done when possible. Moved to the coastal area about 3 years ago to help my wife with her mother who is 89. I think she might out live the both of us. Beginning January, every other month I will also travel to West Texas to help my parents out a little. My father is still very healthy and capable at 85 but mom not so much. Wouldn't have it any other way though. I thank God every day for providing us the means, knowledge, and energy to do it.

One Shot and joe45c like this.
  15. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member

I had a pair of Male Gray Normal Cockatiels named Pete and Repeat. They were so much fun, Pete would get out of the cage in he morning and wake me up singing in my ear. All these birds are characters each with their own comical playfulness. Pete died at 12 years old, Repeat died about a month later (I think he was too lonely with out Pete.