Powder anyone?

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by cannonman, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member Supporting Member

VT, Just under the Nostril of the Witches Nose
    Thank you for your enlightenment. Assumption is the mother of all mistakes. I just figured anything like what the post is about had a hazmat fee

2. cannonman

cannonman Active Member

Hey thanks guys! I'm off to Chattanooga for an online order. I'm limited in the amount. I don't want to hoard a product but I'm really tired of "Our Countries Leaders" mess'n with my hobbies, and that little thing about a 2nd amendment! Here's a sad tail. The last time we were hit with shortages and everything left the stores overnight, I bought 20,000 pistol primers. 10,000 fit into about half the size of a shoe box. We moved three times in three years to get retired. Somewhere in those moves one of the 10,000 boxes got lost. The other I had been using and was down to about 500. I am so mad at myself! Anyway, I think they will start with lead and primers to continue down the thin edge of the wedge. I might bring a case of toilet paper to one of the afore mentioned gun shops for a trade. Odd and strange times were in. I know hog hunting is for eradication purposes. I wonder if we could get a similar permit for RINO's? Where have the backbones gone?

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

If I might ask, what shop are you going to in Chattanooga?

4. cannonman

cannonman Active Member

Shure. Sportsman's Warehouse. I put the post up on pistol magnum primers and small rifle and what happens when you use one for the other. I can't find anything bad other than potentially puncturing a pistol primer in a rifle. That being said, Sportsman's had a bunch of pistol magnum primers. I think it's because a lot of people never asked the question above. For what it's worth, I plan on buying them as well if their still there.

Rae Harrison likes this.
  5. Rae Harrison

Rae Harrison Well-Known Member

I've been in the recipes..... I have plenty of Baking Powder :p

sharps4590 and BlackEagle like this.
  6. gdmoody

I was just curious what supply house was in Chattanooga since I am going to be in the general area in a couple of months. Thought I might want to stop by and see what they have in stock.

BlackEagle likes this.
  7. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

I wasn't aware that there is a Sportsmans Warehouse in Choo Choo.

8. gdmoody

After reading that post, I looked it up and there is one at 6241 Perimeter Drive in Chattanooga

howlnmad likes this.
  9. markr6754

markr6754 Well-Known Member

I drove down to South Carolina yesterday. Isle of Palms, SC for a brief vacation. Stopped in Columbia for gas at Costco, and there on the corner...Sportsman’s Warehouse, Costco a block away, and Palmetto State Armory right around the corner from both. Talk about a blessed corner.

10. Smoke

Smoke Well-Known Member

I was in the area so I stopped in at the Bass Pro Shop in
    Clarksville, IN yesterday to see if I could pick up some reloading supplys. They didn't have any powder, very few bullets & only 2 bricks of Winchester small rifle primers They wanted $40+ for them. I'm not hurting for them so I passed on buying them.

11. zant

zant Well-Known Member

I got my 32lbs of 844 in the other day....last lot of it the store had-roughly 500$ shipped-load up a few and chrono to see what the burn rate is on this lot#.

Gudaki and BlackEagle like this.
  12. gdmoody

I got an email today from Midsouth Shooters Supply saying they have powder in stock. Looks like a lot ofd powder on hanc.

Wild Turkey Cogburn likes this.