The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Win 748 for 223 with a 55gn but can't find it any more. I did find some Accurate 2230 and thought about trying it but it cost about $30 a pound which seems high to me. Anyone use this powder? Is it any good?

· Banned
10,121 Posts
I have been using Win 748 for 223 with a 55gn but can't find it any more. I did find some Accurate 2230 and thought about trying it but it cost about $30 a pound which seems high to me. Anyone use this powder? Is it any good?
Excellent powder for 223. Also accurate 2460, imr 4064, Ramshot has powders similar to accurate. Ramshot powders are good also.

I personally like accurate 2460.

· Registered
9,538 Posts
I'm with Slayer on H335. Another great choice is BLC (2). There are others as George and Soundguy have stated. I shoot ARs, and use the H335 in the 55 grain class, and the BLC in the 62 and up class of bullets

Two things - $30 a pound for powder is high, but I don't think it will drop all that much in the future. Even after the current crazyness passes, the shops are kinda getting used to charge that much. Second, if the .223 is all you are loading for, you are in great shape. If you load for other calibers, you might want to hit the manuals and find a 'one size fits all UTILITY powder' and stock up on it. Just my two little pennies.....

· Registered
22 Posts
I have run through about 48 pounds of Accurate 2230 and almost 48 pounds of Accurate 2200 in the past ten years. That's a little over 25k rounds with 55g. FMJ Bullets. 24 grains of 2230 and 22 grains of 2200 give around 3k fps and they both meter very well in my Dillon 550's.

· Registered
570 Posts
Sucks that you cant find the 748 right now, still available here tho. Ive been using it in .223 and .308 for quite awhile, with great results. Luckily, i seldom get under a few lbs of it before restocking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.