The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had been lucky and found a pawn shop inthe boonies that still had some powder a month ago.. and bought what I could, including my new favorite.. trailboss :) and now he is even out.

hit 2 ganders ( had to travel for work ).. and just say 1 bottle of pyrodex rs... ho hum..

no projectiles. no brass.

gotta love it...

gun bills all over the govt.

no ammo

no relaod supplies.

and the dems want more rules and insurance and limits.. etc... etc..

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I haven't been to any LGS or shows lately, but I'm going to grab what I can if they have any. I have a good supply of hp38/w231 and trailboss, but getting low on rifle powders.

·
Super Moderator
41,401 Posts
I haven't run into supply problems for my "pistol" powders yet, but can't seem to get any Varget or H110. I have enough Varget left to probably load another dozen rounds of .308.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
My favorite gun shop orders me in powder, gave him 10 different flavors and he got about half in so far. I'll pick them up when our road opens when the snow & glaciers have melted off probably around beginning of May. My gun shop has a few vortex always in stock. I want to compare them out the front door of his shop.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've bought probably 20lbs of powder in the past 3 months. I haven't been able to be real picky but I have Bullseye for 9mm/.45, AA 5&9 for .44, Tac for .223 and Hunter for .30-06. Those are the powders I have used so far and I have atleast 2lbs of each. The best was when my dealer got in 8lb jugs of Tac.

I also have found Unique, Blue Dot, H414 (don't really know what I'm going to load with this one) Win 760 and a couple more. I could have bought more at a BP the other night but they are overpriced on most of their powders and I have enough for right now.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
powder and primers, were all over until about 3 weeks ago here, all gone now. not a pound to be had except for one or two random crap stuff. nothing common to be had anywhere here.

shotgun primers, no worries. everything else, sucks. it'll come back, just a PITA for while.

·
Super Moderator
41,401 Posts
Where about you finding powder. Anywhere close to us??
Sporting Arms
159 Parkview Drive
Winterville

I haven't been over there in over a week, but the last time I was there he was taking a bunch of Accurate powders of of a box that he had just gotten in. I grabbed a can of #7 just for the heck of it. The price had gone up a couple of dollars, but that was OK!

EDIT: I just went over there (I live 4 miles away) to check on the powder situation. Even his is looking pretty bleak! He does have plenty of powder, just not what I use. He also has plenty of rifle primers, both large and small, but I did not see one pistol primer.

laserdoc, if you want his phone number, let me know and I will send you a PM. That way, you can check with them to see if they have what you want.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sporting Arms
159 Parkview Drive
Winterville

I haven't been over there in over a week, but the last time I was there he was taking a bunch of Accurate powders of of a box that he had just gotten in. I grabbed a can of #7 just for the heck of it. The price had gone up a couple of dollars, but that was OK!

EDIT: I just went over there (I live 4 miles away) to check on the powder situation. Even his is looking pretty bleak! He does have plenty of powder, just not what I use. He also has plenty of rifle primers, both large and small, but I did not see one pistol primer.

laserdoc, if you want his phone number, let me know and I will send you a PM. That way, you can check with them to see if they have what you want.
Just got back from there. I picked up 2 out of the 3 he had of the HP-38. 25 bucks per. He said he had CCI small pistol primers at 36 bucks per 1000. I still have about 6500 primers so I held off

·
Super Moderator
41,401 Posts
Just got back from there. I picked up 2 out of the 3 he had of the HP-38. 25 bucks per. He said he had CCI small pistol primers at 36 bucks per 1000. I still have about 6500 primers so I held off
Very good, I like going over there. I wish I had known you were going, I would have gone over there and met you!!

I didn't see any of the SP primers when I was over there this morning, I have about 6000 myself, though..

·
Registered
761 Posts
I went to a new LGS and picked up 2lbs of Hodgdon benchmark and 300 hornady 60gr .224 dia. sp's and then went to cabelas and got 4lbs of H-335 and a lb of clays. I already have a lb of titegroup, WSF, universal, so I'm looking pretty good for awhile. All I need now is bullets just .224's. cabelas had about 20 lbs of h-335 and 20 lbs of hp38 and other misc. powders.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts