1. roughranger2

roughranger2 New Member

I had posted this gun in Feb 09 but was missinformed when purchased of the type of plating. The last time I posted Isaid the ppk was nickle plated.
    I have found out this weekend it was chrome plated. so once again I
    am asking for help finding a value. It has the inspection marks WaA359
    and nitro stamps . s#371xxxk. Any help would be great. Thank you for looking.

Attached Files:

2. Danny

Danny Member

Same story as before Ranger, the pistol was manufactured in 1942. They did not nickle plate or chrome plate pistols during the war. It had to be done by some GI who captured it or traded for it. The Walther legend is milled away & you can see mill marks next to the mag release.
    One can only guess a high ranking officer could have done this during the war, but that is a very large guess. Also the grip is a late war grip & is not correct for a pistol of that year. Sorry to have to tell ya the bad news.
    Kindest Regards
    Danny
    PS: As a added note there were 1000 ppk's in the serial numbers of 430,000k that were high polish and a very small handfull of nickeled ones. They are so obsolete that collectors do not even mention them. Maybe they made these for Hitler to put in different places of Germany so he could blow his brains out anywhere he wanted?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009