Prayer for Safety: The Saga Continues

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by Alaska444, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Alaska444

Alaska444 Well-Known Member

We celebrated my little girl's 7th birthday yesterday and she has made great progress in the last month. She had the option of taking off Friday, her birthday but chose to go to school because she is now enjoying it. Thank you for all of your prayers. The little girl is doing great.

However, the selfishness and absolute luncacy of her parents continues. They have a Honda Pilot which of course had to be a limited edition with two video players in the front seats for the kids. The top of the seat is thus hard. I have spoken to my step daughter for several months that they are putting the drivers seat back too far and sloping back leaving only about a foot of space between the top of the chair and my little girl's face. In the last two weeks, I have told the son in law as well that this is VERY dangerous to their little girl if they get in an accident. She is tall enough at 7 that her face would hit the top of the chair in an accident causing of teeth, probably closed head injury, broken jaw and possible cervical injury and death or paralysis.

Once again, they showed up today in that same configuration. They humor me by changing the setting in my presence but are probably cursing me as soon as they leave and putting it right back.

Please pray for this child's safety. In the very least, they could put the younger child on that side who would not be at the same risk since she is so tiny. Please pray that the Lord get's ahold of,both of them Since the step daughter jumped to the defense of her overweight husband who lies back to keep his belly away from the steering wheel. Not sure but he is always complained g of back pain as well. Whatever his reasons, th child is at high risk of a horrible outcome in a serious accident.

Sorry, but that is reckless endangerment for purely selfish reasons in my opinion. Please pray once again for the Lord's mercy grace and direct intervention for the safety of this wonderful child.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. Broot

Broot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

This will be in my prayers..... May God open their eyes

3. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Prayers for her parents continue.

BlackEagle, woolleyworm and dbcooper like this.
  4. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member

I will pray for your daughters safety, for you and your wife a peace of mind, and most of all for her parents to gain wisdom and let go of their selfishness.

5. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

There are times when the art of 'Gentle Persuasion' just don't cut it....am I incorrect in
    addressing you as Doctor...for the very obvious safety and well-being of the child we
    are discussing, I would first of all have a very strong, manly discussion with Lard-Ass
    and then an equally firm discourse with the Mother of the youngster....per my own
    experiences, they may address to you how very crude and ill-mannered your are but
    it may succeed ....Good Luck....Chief

Alaska444, woolleyworm, Broot and 2 others like this.
  6. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Continued prayers from here.

7. Alaska444

I would love to strong arm this man, but he is a bully, a street fighter and high school wrestling champion that came in 4th at the state level.

The last time I strongly confronted him over a health issue with the child and yes I am a retired physician, the two of them retaliated and took away our overnights with the kids and any weekend visits. He is a bully and he essentially got in my face when I confronted him.

Fortunately, all the prayer requests I have put forth for this child, the Lord has answered affirmatively. I am too old, too slow, too decrepit, and pitifully weakened by my recent surgery to strong arm anyone. The Lord however is quite capable of dealing with these "parents."

It just befuddles me the number of ways they put these kids at risk and will not heed wise counsel. I mean, come on , Really. Do you have to have your father in law tell you it is dangerous to have a hard backed chair 1 feet away from your child's face in the car?

I don't get the lack of parental instinct with these folks. It is mind numbing and constantly persistent with numerous manifestations. This is just the latest in a long list.

BlackEagle, Broot and rooter like this.
  8. rooter

Dear Doctor...I admire you for your frank, and some what alarming description, in regards to your current
    appraised position...Yes, I agree that perhaps prayers are your only tangible alternative...maybe
    though,you ought to go on 'record' as being alarmed with the parental supervision the child is experiencing..
    I watch Dr. Phil in the afternoon and sometimes he relates to troubled folks of his position as a doctor that
    he is legally obligated and required to "go on the record". Certainly, I 'fly-off-the-handle' more times than
    good sense dictates....my wife of 61 years reminds me of that often.. Chief

crystalphoto likes this.
  9. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think their mentality is the same as many who crash and burn..."It'll never happen to me".

The Bible says pride goeth before a fall. God has His own way of working that one out.

Meantime I'll be praying for safety for her.

jbmid1, Alaska444, Broot and 2 others like this.
  10. rooter

Mandatory Reporters of Child abuse and neglect.

Doctor, perhaps this is what Dr. Phil speaks of when he discusses with guests the subject of his obligated
    reporting due to his legal position of a Doctor.....

All States, the District of Columbia, American Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands have statutes identifying persons who are required to report suspected child maltreatment to an appropriate agency, such as child protective services, a law enforcement agency, or a State’s toll-free child abuse reporting hotline. Chief

Alaska444 likes this.
  11. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Take him hunting. Good place for an accident. Prayers.

12. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

While I agree the idea, this has to balanced with the thought that if reported, they will decide who they think did this reporting and end ALL contact.. then where would this leave the girl? Sometimes the soft approach is best, in hopes that conditions will change and keep the contact going so help is available quickly.. Not if life threatening yes report.. but like the cat seat position.. that's just open to too much interptation.. One mans wine is anothers vinegar so to speak..

rooter, Alaska444 and Broot like this.
  13. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

One step further. If the state should take action, they might take custody of he kids and leave tham in a worse situation than ever.

Alaska444 and Broot like this.
  14. Alaska444

Thank you Rooter, but I have more trust in the Lord than Idaho CPS. I've seen how CPS and foster care has destroyed kids. At most with these two, they would fet parenting classes but nothing would change. At the least, they would cut us off altogether.

Like I said, I have seen the power of prayer helping this little girl the last few months. I will continue to trust in the Lord and seek the faithful prayer warriors on TFF.

Broot, BlackEagle and rooter like this.
  15. Alaska444

Understsnd your sentiment butI will leave it in the Lord's hands.

Broot, BlackEagle and rooter like this.