Prayer for Safety: The Saga Continues

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by Alaska444, Oct 31, 2016.

1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Doctor...surely the decision of a wise man who instills faith in himself by having spiritual faith and the
    will of our supporting prayers, may he have a satisfactory solution, come to pass...Chief

Alaska444 likes this.
  2. Alaska444

Alaska444 Well-Known Member

Anen

3. Alaska444

When was trying to maintain a relationship with my son that my ex-wife sabatoged continuously, while I was paying a hefty child support, my wife prayed for her new husbands work and they prospered all those years.

But as soon as the child support and college support ended, they became broke and lost their house. It was almost immediate.

I suspect the Lord will continue to provide for my little girl through him, but when she is independent, my guess is all bets are off, but who knows the future except the Lord.

rooter and Broot like this.
  4. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

God's Word has a way of sticking with a person. You've been faithfully planting the seed of His Word into her life, and watering that seed with prayer. God said His Word will not go out and return to Him void, but will accomplish what He sent it out to do. Hang onto that promise, dear friend.

Broot, Alaska444 and crystalphoto like this.
  5. Alaska444

Thank you, I have trusted His word is true since 1994 and I have seen the power of prayer in her life time after time.

For some reason wise counsel and persuasion is completely ineffective with her parents, yet the power of prayer has prevailed many times over.

Thank you again.

BlackEagle and Broot like this.
  6. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Luke 18:15-17

And they were bringing even their babies to Him so that He would touch them, but when the disciples saw it, they began rebuking them. But Jesus called for them, saying, "Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. "Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."

Matthew 18:2-5

And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. "Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.Mark 9:36-37

Taking a child, He set him before them, and taking him in His arms, He said to them, "Whoever receives one child like this in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me does not receive Me, but Him who sent Me."

Luke 9:47-48

But Jesus, knowing what they were thinking in their heart, took a child and stood him by His side, and said to them, "Whoever receives this child in My name receives Me, and whoever receives Me receives Him who sent Me; for the one who is least among all of you, this is the one who is great."

Matthew 18:10
    Matthew 18:14
    "So it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones perish.

7. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

As for your physical weakness - My grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

And Black eagle is correct, pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

Alaska444 and BlackEagle like this.
  8. Alaska444

Thank you jbmid1, this flesh shall see destruction, but our souls shall live in Glory forever.

Broot likes this.
  9. Alaska444

Well we made it through the holidays without any major incidents. We had the family over yesterday for New Years. I cooked a roast beef, gravy, potatoes and mushrooms and mywife had some candied yams she cooked up earlier. My wife also cooked her Filipino egg rolls, pancit and beef and onions for the creatures since they don't like my roast beef yet.

When the stepdaughter and her husband came over she was visibly tense and looked like she swallowed a prune. Not sure exactly what bug she had up her but, but we got a snow day for school today so the creatures had a sleep over with us. A short wile after her parents left at 6:30, they got there after 4:30, the 7 year told me. Papa, we can't go to the movies anymore without her little sister. "It's not nice." She felt very guilty that we had seen a movie a week earlier when in fact it had been a wonderful couple of hours we had.

On that day a couple of days before Christmas, we had had another sleep over. My wife didn't feel upto going to the movies and said for me to go and take the older girl and she would stay behind and put the little one to sleep for her afternoon nap. She even called her daughter to let her know what we were doing that day. Her daughter said that was fine and voiced no complaint to me or to my wife at that time.

Then on New Years Eve, over a week later she made the older girl feel very guilty for not including the youngest girl. At this point the 7 year doesn't want to have any more dates with Papa unless we always take the smallest girl even if my wife does not come. The smallest girl has a history of bolting and running from us and won't respond to verbal commands. You have to chase her down and grab her. For that reason, we always tag team both of them.

In addition, the little girl is very jealous of everything the older girl does and there are times we give the older girl a break from her incessant stalking behaviors. Often it is at my wife's request to put the fighting between these two kids at a rest for peace in our house. My wife is getting much more persistent putting the younger girls antics to a stop. One of our tools had been simple separation for a couple of hours at a time.

Then another issue came up that the step daughter no longer wants the kids to sleep in our bed any longer. When we told the older girl this last night, she cried for several minutes and couldn't sleep until well after Midnight. She went to sleep finally when I snuggled in bed next to her in a couple of minutes. Yet at the same time, the step daughter has frequent Sleepovers in their house where she kicks her husband out of the room and the two girls sleep in bed with her.

It seems fairly obvious that the step daughter is trying to sabotage my relationship with the little girl. I went through similar things with my ex-wife and my son years ago. I know the pattern.

My wife is Fed up with her own daughter's antics and evencommented about their attitude yesterday. She said it seemed they didn't like the company they had at dinner which is us. She said she would rather spend the hlolidays with her friends and have fun fellowshipping but it is never fun with these two. That is her own mother saying this.

We aren't the only ones. My son in laws sister came up from San Diego last week and didn't want to stay at her brother's house according to his nephew who speaks to me quite often. Seems no one wants to spend time in their house as well since they fight so frequently even in front of guests.

None of this is good for the little girl's but it is a bit of an escalation to target my relationship directly as she did this week. The girl fortunately still is doing well and we will have them almost everyday this week babysitting. If anything ever happened to my wife, I fear they would end my relationship with this child.

As many things that have improved, there still remains many issues and need for Gods divine intervention.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    woolleyworm, Broot and One Shot like this.
  10. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hang in there brother. She still needs you.

11. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Good Morning to you and yours 444 and a Happy New Year...I had to go back over the posts
    to remind myself about 'things and stuff'....the latter post of yours where you mentioned:
    My wife also cooked her Filipino egg rolls, pancit and beef and onions for the creatures since they don't like my roast beef yet.
    The word pancit caught my eye and I hadn't heard of that word in years...my entire first
    naval enlistment was spent in the Philippines building the Cubi Point Naval Air Station at
    Subic Bay...The nearby village, Olongapo (SP) offered that to the Seabees as a food source
    to accompany the San Miguel beer...the guys called it "monkey meat and noodles"...they also
    consumed those items called what sounded like 'bal-loots'....the baby chicken and the egg or
    in the egg? My continued good will and prayerful efforts are extended to you...Chief

crystalphoto, One Shot, Broot and 2 others like this.
  12. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Will keep praying for you and the family, that God would lead you forward one step at a time.

One Shot, Broot and Alaska444 like this.
  13. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Remember brother, the devil gets desperate and will try anything. Remember you faith in God that he will deliver these innocent children, that He may walk with them. When it gets dark, He is the light. When we get lost, He is the way.

14. Broot

Broot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My continuing prayers, Alaska. May the good Lord continue to guide you and your wife in this difficult situation, and hold the little one tight in His loving arms.

Alaska444, dbcooper and One Shot like this.
  15. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Keeping you and your family in my prayers, AK.

Alaska444, dbcooper and Broot like this.