The Firearms Forum banner

2161 - 2180 of 2294 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mickey Powell, a Pastor I knew had Bells Palsy.

Got it in his sixties for the first time. There may be a simple medical reason for it to happen, I don't know whether that is the case.

But the pastor was struggling with a problem church, and was very definite about that fact that in his opinion, it was a spiritual attack.

This may not apply to your Wife but if it does, my prayer is that you both are led straight to the source of the problem and gifted the ability to deal with it in short order.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thankful to God that your wife will recover quickly and completely; praying that this is a one-off event.
And prayers for your daughter and her family. Are they infected? Showing symptoms?
Oldest grandson has symptoms and tested positive. UPS sent him home from work last Saturday before he tested. His dad had it about 4 weeks ago. My two younger grandsons and my daughter have not tested and so far, do not have any symptoms.
We have to stay away and granny doesn't like it! Everybody is in good spirits.
Some of my close friends that have symptoms refuse to get tested for some reason.

Mickey Powell, a Pastor I knew had Bells Palsy.

Got it in his sixties for the first time. There may be a simple medical reason for it to happen, I don't know whether that is the case.

But the pastor was struggling with a problem church, and was very definite about that fact that in his opinion, it was a spiritual attack.

This may not apply to your Wife but if it does, my prayer is that you both are led straight to the source of the problem and gifted the ability to deal with it in short order.
My wife has had no stress that I am aware of. In fact we were talking the other day about all the hate and pure wickedness in the news and how thankful we are for the peace in our home and extended family.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Sounds like mom is doing much better. She was somehow low on blood. They added some and she ate a meal. Checking for the source of the blood loss, otherwise in recovery.
Sounds like you have a lot going on jbmid1. Our lives sometimes feel like it's going 100 mph but the Lord has this . Saying prayers for your wife , mother in law , your friend who lost his home and for for you my brother in Christ . Try and remember the good and blessings with all this happening And also praying for the man forced to take a life and the life that was taken .

·
Registered
Revolver, lever, bolt, pistol cal carbine.
8,899 Posts
Sounds like you have a lot going on jbmid1. Our lives sometimes feel like it's going 100 mph but the Lord has this . Saying prayers for your wife , mother in law , your friend who lost his home and for for you my brother in Christ . Try and remember the good and blessings with all this happening And also praying for the man forced to take a life and the life that was taken .
Mom is back in her home and doing much better, getting tested for ulcers and things next week. My friends are going back to their homes today. For me, we may have the opportunity to purchase a home here in Arco ID. Realtor has pulled his ad and a lender looks like they will work with us. I think some prayer will keep things moving in the right direction, if this is indeed the place. Thanks again.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,297 Posts
Thanks for the update, jbmid1. Sometimes God answers prayer one step at a time.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
My wife's having her cataract in her Right Eye removed and lens implanted. We decided to go with the mono vision lens for a number of reasons. She will need reading glasses which she already uses.

I appreciate any prayers for a good outcome with surgery tomorrow.

Thank you in advance.

God bless

·
Registered
722 Posts
Glad some sunshine is coming your way jbmid1 . God WILL give us what we need . Still praying for you and your family and friends . Alaska444 good news . Your wife will be clear eyed in no time . Prayers sent . Mickey Amen God is great . Praying for you and your family .

·
TFF Chaplain
19,297 Posts
I appreciate any prayers for a good outcome with surgery tomorrow.
Father in Heaven, I pray that this surgery would go well. Guide the hands of the doctor, make him careful, and we pray that Alaska's wife would make a full and rapid recovery. You created the eye, and You gave sight to the blind.

And thank You for how you are working in Mickey Powell's life and in the life of his family, and answering prayer. I pray that this COVID scare would blow over rapidly and that everyone would be clear. And I pray for ongoing recovery for his wife from this palsy.

In Jesus' Name, Amen

·
Super Moderator
26,286 Posts
Father in Heaven, I pray that this surgery would go well. Guide the hands of the doctor, make him careful, and we pray that Alaska's wife would make a full and rapid recovery. You created the eye, and You gave sight to the blind.

And thank You for how you are working in Mickey Powell's life and in the life of his family, and answering prayer. I pray that this COVID scare would blow over rapidly and that everyone would be clear. And I pray for ongoing recovery for his wife from this palsy.

In Jesus' Name, Amen
Amen

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts

In Jesus' Name, Amen
And Amen.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Praying for your wife’s surgery, Alaska. May God give all peace through the surgery and guide the surgeon as he works on Mrs Alaska’s eye.

I am reminded of the definitions of major and minor surgeries... a major surgery is any surgery being performed on you. A minor surgery is anything performed on someone else.

·
Registered
Revolver, lever, bolt, pistol cal carbine.
8,899 Posts
Thanks for the update, jbmid1. Sometimes God answers prayer one step at a time.
One more step, our Realtor stopped by and informed us that he will carry a contract on the home until we get financed. So we'll have a place to call home shortly. It has a lot of room and I just read about a shooting table just east of town.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Praying for your wife’s surgery, Alaska. May God give all peace through the surgery and guide the surgeon as he works on Mrs Alaska’s eye.

I am reminded of the definitions of major and minor surgeries... a major surgery is any surgery being performed on you. A minor surgery is anything performed on someone else.
Thank you. She did well with the surgery. She has to avoid getting the eye wet for two weeks, eye drop three times a day for 3 weeks and wear her eye shield the first day then at night for at least two weeks.

Praying all goes well with the recovery but she can already see better.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
One more step, our Realtor stopped by and informed us that he will carry a contract on the home until we get financed. So we'll have a place to call home shortly. It has a lot of room and I just read about a shooting table just east of town.
Arco. What an interesting location. Not far from Sun Valley and the Sawtooths to the west and Yellowstone to the west.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...0aa6044ec2c49!8m2!3d43.6365693!4d-113.3002844

God bless and prayers for your new house and your move.

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Prayer request has turned into a prayer praise before I even put it forth. We are getting our roof changed out this week. About a week ago, the contractor gave us a tentative date of Tuesday possibly but definitely Wednesday this week. I have been following the weather for obvious reasons. When I looked it up today, it was Rain Wednesday and Thunderstorms Thursday and Friday, not a good way to place a new roof.

I was going to post that request here a couple of hours ago but then my wife asked me to go to the store for some chips since she had just made a batch. of her Tuna which is one of her special meals.

While I was at the store, the Lord answered my prayer without even asking. The contractor called and wanted to know if it was OK to start 7 am Monday morning, tomorrow. They believe that they will be done by Wednesday at the latest. If that holds true, then the rains won't come until we have a new roof completed.

God is good. (All the time)

2161 - 2180 of 2294 Posts