The Firearms Forum banner

2201 - 2220 of 2294 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Wanted to give a update on my brother Jerry . The one person that tested positive for covid is doing well , some minor symptoms more like a mild flu bug but doing well . My brother and everyone else are showing no symptoms at all . Don't want to jinx it but it's looking great for everyone . Thanks to all for your prayers and a big AMEN to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for watching over them all .

·
TFF Chaplain
19,297 Posts
Thanks for the update, soonerfan66. Thankful to God for how He is answering prayer, and that your brother is so far doing well.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Please throw my name in the prayer box, too. I tested positive the same day our president and first lady did. I have been a bit uncomfortable but not unbearably so. Breathing, weakness and headaches has been the worst part so far.
Prayers sent Mickey...

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
TFF Chaplain
19,297 Posts
Father in heaven, we pray that You would pull Mickey through this valley quickly and easily.

We pray that You would restore him to health quickly and completely.

We pray that You would keep his wife healthy, and thank You for her love and loyalty to him; for how she wants to stay with him through this ordeal instead of going away to keep herself safe. It reminds me of what You said in Mark 8: 35 For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it.
She is risking her health and life to stick close to her husband, as we, Your bride, should risk our lives and health to stick close to You.

We pray that You would bless them richly in the coming days and weeks and years. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

·
Super Moderator
26,291 Posts
Father in heaven, we pray that You would pull Mickey through this valley quickly and easily.

We pray that You would restore him to health quickly and completely.

We pray that You would keep his wife healthy, and thank You for her love and loyalty to him; for how she wants to stay with him through this ordeal instead of going away to keep herself safe. It reminds me of what You said in Mark 8: 35 For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it.
She is risking her health and life to stick close to her husband, as we, Your bride, should risk our lives and health to stick close to You.

We pray that You would bless them richly in the coming days and weeks and years. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Amen

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Premium Member
19,373 Posts
Prayers sent for all our friends and family that are getting this virus.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I look at testing positive for Covid 19 as a blessing. I was dreading going through the severe body aches and difficulty breathing and possibly going to the hospital because of the breathing,.

We have been sheltering at home for months, watching services online , going to the store for groceries and visiting with my youngest daughter and her husband and kids. Then her whole family got it within a five week period so we didn't go there either.

Now that I have had it for a couple of weeks, I can honestly say I have had colds that were much worse. Difficulty breathing and weakness was the worst part.

Through a phone call the doctor ordered me to take Azithromycin for five days and also some stuff to help with my breathing. I also have been taking zinc and vitamin D. I haven't used my nebulizer at all.
The health nurse called me yesterday and told me that she would call me again Monday and if my symptoms haven't come back she would release me from isolation and issue me a letter indicating that I was not contagious.

I thank God for a mild case of this stuff. Now I am free to attend church in person and visit friends and relatives. I did not realise how heavy the dread of catching this stuff was weighing on me until it fell off!
I will continue to pray for those among us that are having a much harder time with this stuff than we have had.
We appreciate everyone's prayers.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,297 Posts
Thanking God for how He has answered prayers.

Glad you came through it so easily. How's your wife doing?

Reactions: Broot

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Prayers for my SIL's husband in the Philippines. He is an architect in his early 50's but has diabetes but otherwise is active, healthy and not overweight. He was admitted to the hospital 3 days ago with COVID 19 and was placed on a ventilator as soon as he was admitted. I don't know what kinds of meds he will have access to in the Philippines, but anyone requiring a ventilator for this virus is already in dire straights. Diabetics are at particularly high risk and his blood sugars are in the 300's which makes fighting an infection very difficult.

Prayers for "Resty" and my SIL Betchay and their two children.

This is a terrible virus that even the severe lockdown in the Philippines with mandatory masks, and only allowed out for shopping once a week, this virus still has spread rapidly. We are all at risk. My SIL's husband portends a very poor prognosis without the Lord's intervention.

Thank you all and may we all stay safe.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,297 Posts
Prayers for "Resty" and my SIL Betchay and their two children.
Father in Heaven, I pray that You would bring Resty through this, and that he would live on to tell others how You rescued him. I pray that You would get him the treatments and medications and care-givers who would bring him through this.

I pray that You would keep Betchay healthy and that You would encourage her; help her to find her comfort and rest and encouragement in You.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Today while I was walking into a store, an old guy leaning on a car asked me to bring him a cart. He said he had just had back surgery and had no sense of balance. I said I would have my friends pray for him. I suppose there is no reason why I can't include Internet acquaintances.

I'm praying God heals him, helps him to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and helps him to go in the rapture or when he passes away, whichever comes first. I am including his family.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,297 Posts
I'm praying God heals him, helps him to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and helps him to go in the rapture or when he passes away, whichever comes first. I am including his family.
Amen.

God is in control of our encounters, and guides our conversations.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

2201 - 2220 of 2294 Posts