Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by ampaterry, Sep 18, 2015.

1. orion340

orion340 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent from here for Kevin & his family.

Alaska444, BlackEagle and SeeMor Guns like this.
  2. Gudaki

Gudaki Well-Known Member

Prayers sent for your Kevin Burns.

Alaska444 and SeeMor Guns like this.

3. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

Amen

BlackEagle, Alaska444 and SeeMor Guns like this.
  4. Grizzly2

Grizzly2 Well-Known Member

We will add Kevin to our prayers. So sad that so many are taken with illness long before their children are raised and life has been lived to the fullest. So, I pray for God's grace, through Jesus Christ that He might bring them to a blessed life in Christ and that their father might have much more time with his family.

5. Alaska444

Alaska444 Well-Known Member

I would like prayers for my 10 year old granddaughter. She was considering being baptized about 6 months ago, but now is ambivalent. I finally got her concerns out of her today. She doesn't know for sure if she is saved. She has always been eager to hear God's Word and she enjoys our Bible studies.

She seems to be at a pivotal point in her life where if she walks away from Christ at this age, she may never come back as I have seen so many times.

So, prayers for "Cha Cha" (Nickname) that she would trust the Lord and He would reveal Himself to her.

I understand the sentiment. When I was about 19 or 20 and I was running down a rural road in PA, something I had seen probably on A Billy Graham crusade came to mind and I said, Jesus if you are real, show yourself to me. Well 16 or 17 years later, Jesus did reveal Himself to me. We must all be convinced in our mind of the truth of the gospel. It is not an intellectual endeavor, it is a spiritual affair.

Until the Lord draws a person to Him, the truth of the gospel is often hidden from their heart. I have spent much time teaching them the Scriptures, but it is now an individual quest she must engage on her own. I pray she will and be reassured that Jesus indeeds saves.

Thank you in advance.

6. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

Amen!

7. orion340

orion340 Well-Known Member

Prayers sent from here Alaska, for your Cha Cha.

ms6852, Alaska444 and BlackEagle like this.
  8. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

I was wondering...hadn't heard much about your grand daughter recently. You had asked for prayers re: her family relationships and relationships at school.

That was part of my thinking when I prayed to confirm my relationship with God. I didn't want to "drift into it" just because I was in a Christian family and in a church. I decided it needed to be my decision based on my convictions, not simply conforming to someone else's wishes, so that I would please my parents and others. This needed to be something between me and God.

So, Father, I pray that Cha Cha would work through all the facts and information she has, and make that firm decision from the inside out to let You be her savior, and let You be in charge of her life. And Lord, I pray that You would make that a solid conviction in her that would never be shaken. Help her to realize this is not a decision she is making to win approval from Alaska or anyone else; help her to realize this is not a decision to please other people. I pray that she would have the same conviction You were talking about in Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Lord, I pray that You would help Alaska and others to help her understand and develop those convictions.

In Jesus' Name

Amen

9. Aspeck

Aspeck Well-Known Member

As Blackeagle prayed, Amen!

10. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Amen.

11. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

Amen and Amen!!!!

12. COMSnomad

COMSnomad Active Member

I received a job offer yesterday, and go in for an interview first thing this morning.
    Also asking prayer for my youngest son. He's moving to Alaska today. His first major choice, and this will be a long, hard road for him.

13. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

Amen

14. Alaska444

Alaska444 Well-Known Member

Prayers for wisdom and safety for your son and the blessing of a job for you.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  15. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Amen