Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by ampaterry, Sep 18, 2015.

1. 4895

4895 Active Member

Mickey Powell, a Pastor I knew had Bells Palsy.

Got it in his sixties for the first time. There may be a simple medical reason for it to happen, I don't know whether that is the case.

But the pastor was struggling with a problem church, and was very definite about that fact that in his opinion, it was a spiritual attack.

This may not apply to your Wife but if it does, my prayer is that you both are led straight to the source of the problem and gifted the ability to deal with it in short order.

Alaska444 and BlackEagle like this.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

My son had it when he was in his mid-twenties. It went away in a week or so and had not come back since, he is in his late forties now.

3. Mickey Powell

Mickey Powell Member

Oldest grandson has symptoms and tested positive. UPS sent him home from work last Saturday before he tested. His dad had it about 4 weeks ago. My two younger grandsons and my daughter have not tested and so far, do not have any symptoms.
    We have to stay away and granny doesn't like it! Everybody is in good spirits.
    Some of my close friends that have symptoms refuse to get tested for some reason.

My wife has had no stress that I am aware of. In fact we were talking the other day about all the hate and pure wickedness in the news and how thankful we are for the peace in our home and extended family.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2020
  4. soonerfan66

soonerfan66 Well-Known Member

Mickey , praying for a fast recovery .

5. soonerfan66

Sounds like you have a lot going on jbmid1. Our lives sometimes feel like it's going 100 mph but the Lord has this . Saying prayers for your wife , mother in law , your friend who lost his home and for for you my brother in Christ . Try and remember the good and blessings with all this happening And also praying for the man forced to take a life and the life that was taken .

6. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

Mom is back in her home and doing much better, getting tested for ulcers and things next week. My friends are going back to their homes today. For me, we may have the opportunity to purchase a home here in Arco ID. Realtor has pulled his ad and a lender looks like they will work with us. I think some prayer will keep things moving in the right direction, if this is indeed the place. Thanks again.

7. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

Thanks for the update, jbmid1. Sometimes God answers prayer one step at a time.

shootbrownelk, Alaska444 and jbmid1 like this.
  8. Alaska444

Alaska444 Well-Known Member

My wife's having her cataract in her Right Eye removed and lens implanted. We decided to go with the mono vision lens for a number of reasons. She will need reading glasses which she already uses.

I appreciate any prayers for a good outcome with surgery tomorrow.

Thank you in advance.

God bless

TigerLeo, shootbrownelk and One Shot like this.
  9. Mickey Powell

Mickey Powell Member

I want to express thankfulness for the answered prayers and, by faith, The prayers that will be answered that have been requested on this forum. Still praying.
    We serve a great God!

10. jwdurf

jwdurf Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Prayers for Tiger and for Alaska's wife from my family

Alaska444, TigerLeo, jbmid1 and 2 others like this.
  11. soonerfan66

Glad some sunshine is coming your way jbmid1 . God WILL give us what we need . Still praying for you and your family and friends . Alaska444 good news . Your wife will be clear eyed in no time . Prayers sent . Mickey Amen God is great . Praying for you and your family .

Alaska444, jbmid1 and shootbrownelk like this.
  12. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

Father in Heaven, I pray that this surgery would go well. Guide the hands of the doctor, make him careful, and we pray that Alaska's wife would make a full and rapid recovery. You created the eye, and You gave sight to the blind.

And thank You for how you are working in Mickey Powell's life and in the life of his family, and answering prayer. I pray that this COVID scare would blow over rapidly and that everyone would be clear. And I pray for ongoing recovery for his wife from this palsy.

In Jesus' Name, Amen

13. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

Amen

14. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

And Amen.

15. Aspeck

Aspeck Well-Known Member

Praying for your wife’s surgery, Alaska. May God give all peace through the surgery and guide the surgeon as he works on Mrs Alaska’s eye.

I am reminded of the definitions of major and minor surgeries... a major surgery is any surgery being performed on you. A minor surgery is anything performed on someone else.

Alaska444, jbmid1, howlnmad and 2 others like this.